X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raffle for two $75 gift certificates from www.newenough.com

I decided to start a thread that would be used for all raffle information. As many of you know New Enough has very generously created a program that allows its customers to donate a dollar to any group of their choice during checkout. This comes at only a cost to New Enough - not to their customers. Since enrolling in this program the forums have generated a little over $150.00 in New Enough cash through donations from them.

After discussing with members and scoping the poll results members who donate $25 will be entered into the raffles for a chance to win New Enough gift certificates as well as other perks as we change hosts and software. (image hosting, more PM storage etc etc.)

You can paypal your donation to davidweis@gmail.com and as I receive donations I will keep a list of users who have donated up to date in this thread.
    Thank you to everyone for the support and for making www.hawkgtforum.com an incredible community. Also, thanks to New Enough for the very kind donations. Next time you guys go to buy something motorcycle related I hope you check them first, they are definitely worthy of your business.

List of donors:
    1. Stevenjhow
    2. Surferdude
    3. Doc
    4. Phyxius
    5. Motorcycleman
    6. Taz
    7. KDNYC
    8. MCOM_RC31
    9. Ross
    10. AK_Hawk
    11. raul507
    12. Salamanga7
    13. Kip
    14. hawk+2
    15. Burnall4
    16. Logicus
    17. heydom
    18. killjoy

is there a deadline?
    1988 "BlackHawk" project
    1989 "RallyHawk" is Chuck's now!
    1988 "The Gray" Tempest Gray Metallic stocker

I can't tell you how peaceful it is. Shinya Kimura
    People who know ride Hawks. Riot

Comment

ahah yea, I just dont know when yet. I figure when donations slow down to next to nothing I will put up a deadline date and see what kind of feedback I get..
      We're close to what we need, but not quite there.

Comment

bump
        -NEVER LET YOUR FEARS STAND IN THE WAY OF YOUR DREAMS-
        Most of the pics I have of my Hawk/Mods: http://gallery.me.com/stevenhowell

"Arseing about with my bikes will end in tears." -Keno04

"Dress for the slide, not the ride" - ParcNHawk

Comment

So that is $250 toward the forum!!! SWEET!

When are we switching?
          LRRS/CCS # X Expert
          BIKES: Honda: 2 RC31 Racebikes/ CRF 110 Mini Motard KAWASAKI: ZRX1200R Street DUCATI: 748 Track
          "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow."
          MSF Rider Coach / Boston Moto Trackdays Instructor

Comment

Money sent. Thanks for doing this I'm sure it's going to be great.
            The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred traveling speed to the number of bad scars on his body.
            Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally Posted by Doc

When are we switching?
              Soon!! I bought vbulletin 2 days ago and tonite I am hoping to get a practice export working from a back up I made of the forums. After I get that working I will get everything setup how we want it and do the real deal.
              I have been investigating hosting and I talked to my buddy who is letting us leach off him. (our current host)
              He is gave us a lot more bandwidth and space to try out vbulletin. He said he doesnt mind if I pay him month to month, so if we have any problems with the host when we're on the new forum we can leave without taking a financial hit or service going down for a long period of time etc etc.
              We were using about 6.3 gigs of bandwidth a month and had 7 or 8 available and had 300 megs of server space. We were using about 120 megs of space or so. Now we have 35 gigs of bandwidth we can use 1300 megs of space. I figure that will do us while we get everything situated and get vbulletin running. After its running I will start monitoring server logs and see how shitty our hosting is,or if most problems were stemming from phpbb.
              Hopefully this should work out well. I will keep everyone, especially the mods/admins posted.

Comment

Right on! Can't wait to see
                -NEVER LET YOUR FEARS STAND IN THE WAY OF YOUR DREAMS-
                Most of the pics I have of my Hawk/Mods: http://gallery.me.com/stevenhowell

"Arseing about with my bikes will end in tears." -Keno04

"Dress for the slide, not the ride" - ParcNHawk

Comment

$350 Holy crap!
                  LRRS/CCS # X Expert
                  BIKES: Honda: 2 RC31 Racebikes/ CRF 110 Mini Motard KAWASAKI: ZRX1200R Street DUCATI: 748 Track

Comment

Bump because I'm still getting donations.

Comment

I sent my 25 bucks, don't know if its too late or what, but I did!
                      1990 e30 BMW - not stock (well back to stock for now...boost here i come)
                      1989 Honda Hawk Gt 650- CBR 1000rr front end, RS125 tail, Hiperform subframe, Penske 8393 shock, VFR rear wheel, WoodCraft rearsets, etc...
                      2005 Honda CBR 600rr- bone stock, daily grinder

life truly is better with ball bearing turbos

Comment

Thanks for the donation and no its not too late. I will put an end to the raffle thing sooner or later.
                        As we get settled I will work on getting stuff setup for everyone that donated.

Comment

$400!!

I Applaud All That Have Donated!
                          LRRS/CCS # X Expert

Comment

Originally Posted by Doc View Post
                            $400!!

I Applaud All That Have Donated!
                            Wow, we're a very giving bunch of Hawkers!
                            '99 Ducati 748 with a 996 conversion

Comment

Ok..are we about ready to shut this down so I can give away a couple of gift certs or what?
                              Everyone is damn generous!!! I will keep adding things as I get everything figured out. It looks like most of the kinks are getting worked out and now its time to figure out some chat software and figure out photo hosting.
                              Does anyone have checks in the mail or anything that I need to be aware of?

Comment

Working...
                              X