X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hawk GT Gap trip?

Have you all had one yet...want to? ....discuss
    Lord Squidward of FloriDUH

I'm in the state, so if anyone is down anytime let me know and I'll try to make it.
    ~RC

Comment

We used to go to Suches, GA for FEHR (fall eastern hawk rally).

I've gone through the Gap twice for giggles on the way down there/way back and prefer the other roads in the area. I've not heard the word on where FEHR is taking place this year, or if it even *is* taking place.

Me and my liver gotta make it through NCHR (non-coastal hawk rally) coming up in a couple weeks first.
      '88 Hawk - Street • '89 Hawk - Track • '67 Fiat 500 - Luigi follow only the Ferraris

Comment

I've been hearing that the Gap area is inundated with ATL Squids on weekends, if you can work it weekday trips are were its at. There are also many good roads in the mountains if the Gap is packed on a weekend.

Comment

Yeah, my last time through there I think I hit a top speed of 20mph in the long train of cars and bikes. I was riding a borrowed FJR and passing seemed like a terrible idea. Totally not worth it when there's loads of nice empty roads in the area.
          '88 Hawk - Street • '89 Hawk - Track • '67 Fiat 500 - Luigi follow only the Ferraris

Comment

I was just at the gap the first week in may. Its nice on the weekdays, but we also ride cherohala, 28, wayah and many many other roads. I like 129 alright, but its just one road of a thousand in the area that are great. I go every year and take the hawk and the vrf, but end up riding the hawk 90 percent of the time.

Vaughn

Comment

I wanna go, I am in Kentucky so Gatlinburg is only a few hours away...Keep me updated!
              Damn right it's a Hawk GT

Comment

I'd love to do something like this in the latter part of Sept or early part of october. Lots of cops at deal's gap, too... I think a cruise of the surrounding mountain roads would be cool.
                “Freedom is something that dies unless it's used”

- Hunter S. Thompson

1989 Hawk GT - As a whole, it is gone, but it now lives vicariously as a small part of several other Hawks on this website.
                1997 VFR 750 - D&D exhaust

Comment

my understanding is the gap is now to the point where you dont want to do any *ahem* 'spirited riding' there. too many cops. too many squids.

but any area like that in that part of the country seems cool.
                  id like to go on a trip... i just donno if i can or not anytime soon.

Comment

Have always wanted to ride out that way but no time, no money and well, it's a long haul all the way from "up north" in Ontario! One of these days I'll make it there!

Comment

cfiiman- a couple hours away? you should be there every chance you get!
                      '88 Hawk GT
                      '89 Harley FXSTC
                      2008 Yamaha V-Star 1300 tourer

http://www.hawkgtforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=948

"...my performance ain't perfect, but its loud, and its fast..." -Widespread Panic

Comment

Originally Posted by motorcycleman
                        Yeah, but I have no one to go with , I always ride solo...
                        Damn right it's a Hawk GT

Comment

Originally Posted by cfiiman
                          Originally Posted by motorcycleman
                          Yeah, but I have no one to go with , I always ride solo...
                          Isn't there a bike club in your local area that arranges rideouts?
                          '88 Bros NT650J
                          Progressive fork springs, '93 CBR600 F2 fork caps, CBR900RR rear shock, Puig 'Raptor' fly screen
                          Fabitappi Monoposto seat cover, Heated grips, Braided brake lines, Buell indicators/turn signals
                          Ceramic coated stock headers with custom Yoshi shorty muffler & Muzzy collector

Comment

Lets start a blueridge hawk club!

Comment

Originally Posted by LeftRightLeftThrottle
                              Lets start a blueridge hawk club!
                              i guess i could start a charleston hawk club.. theres 3 of us on here, and i used to see a 4th blue one riding around mount pleasant.... lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X