New (old) Hawk GT breaks cover today on Soup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New (old) Hawk GT breaks cover today on Soup

Dean F Adams posted his Sabatini painted GT on Superbikeplanet.com today.

A longtime Hawk lover, huge roadracin officianado and owner and editor of Soup, DFA restored this one from the ground up in his basement somewhere in Minn.

I believe he lurks here on occasion, but when I asked him about his status on the Hawk GT forum - all he would tell me was (quoting) "I didn't care for my reception there..."

Hey Spa, perhaps you could help post the link here for the curious. The Soup thread us under "News today.

cheers!

Here's the link to the article and the pics: http://www.superbikeplanet.com/l-is-...da-hawk-gt650/

Just in the same way that its 25 years too late to build a Honda Hawk GT street bike, its actually never too late to build a Honda Hawk GT street bike. Coinciding with Labor Day, after much labor, mine is semi-finished.

Thanks to all who helped including Danny Coe for the inspiration and explanation (and parts), Ray Blank, Jon Seidel, Brian You, and others, at Honda in Torrance, Craig at Two Bros for bending up the one-off (two-off, actually) exhaust, Mike Buckley and Ken Vreeke at Dunlop for finding the skins for every Coe-inspired wheel and brake idea, and lastly Darrick A for baking the springs and bleeding the brakes (and everything else).

Paint scheme and spray by Greg Sabatini (972-475-4160) where every job comes with a free Dallas Cowboys sticker. Okay, not every one.
    hawk-in-leaves.jpghawksept2014.jpg
    '89 Hawk a.k.a. The RallyHawk (my son's now!) | '89 Hawk a.k.a. The Deuce | Spare Parts/Dented Learner Bike | '13 Tacoma | '69 Falcon (currently getting reassembled! )

I've spent most of my money on women, beer, cars and motorcycles. The rest of it I just wasted.

Comment

Great paint job but the honda emblem is on wrong side of tank just saying..

Comment

I would object to the Marquez lettering in the first photo, but it seems to have been removed before the second shot was taken...

Comment

Very nice paint job on the bike. The cleaning between photo's is funny but I like it as a good clean example of a Hawk. I've heard of Greg in some circles but I can't remember seeing his work before. Looks like if I were looking for a paint job he would be the guy to go to (which I will be soon, lol)
          88 Blue Hawk GT - Under construction
          89 Red Hawk GT - Still on the shelf and in crates
          2000 DR650 (Thumper)

2002 DL1000 V-Strom

Comment

Originally Posted by Superdukerider View Post
            Great paint job but the honda emblem is on wrong side of tank just saying..
            Tough crowd

Comment

Sabatini Autowerks in Rowlet Texas, his paint work is amazing. His past paint work was done for Moto Liberty, Rich Oliver (bikes and helmets), Team America's Pegram's "stars and stripes" Ducatis and more. He has done three of my GT's, spotless!

Comment

Originally Posted by danny View Post

Tough crowd
                Danny! I know you get one hell of paint job on your bikes...can you line them up and take some pictures? Better yet, maybe i should come and visit

Comment

Anytime! Even did decals and paint on your MF tank. That GT is ready to take out for a spin, thinking the next WCHR if we have one.

Comment

looks pissah!

http://www.facebook.com/VaporBlast

Comment

I like that bike, really dig that paint job. And I just love that Hawks get the occasional kudos outside this forum.

Edited.

Last edited by halfast; 03-11-2018, 02:31 PM.
                      sears

Comment

Originally Posted by danny View Post
                        Sabatini Autowerks in Rowlet Texas, his paint work is amazing. His past paint work was done for Moto Liberty, Rich Oliver (bikes and helmets), Team America's Pegram's "stars and stripes" Ducatis and more. He has done three of my GT's, spotless!
                        Explains where I may have heard that name... That or I was binging Airwolf on Netflix again, lol.
                        2000 DR650 (Thumper)

2002 DL1000 V-Strom

Comment

Originally Posted by Dmitry
                          someone who never pegged the throttle and felt the bike dance on the edge but has lots of advice based on their personal feelings...
                          Hey, i danced right off that edge...... twice....
                          my advice, don't do that...
                          Being able to ride from point A to Point B does not mean you have skills.

Comment

Originally Posted by slo1 View Post

Hey, i danced right off that edge...... twice....
                            my advice, don't do that...
                            But until you get there time after time after time after time, in a a variety of situations each having static conditions so you can repeat, you will not know how to find that edge. And when you do, it changes as your skillset evolves.. There are a LOT of commuters who feel their years of riding around on the streets equals qualification to give performance riding advice.
                            Respectfully 6

Originally Posted by ParcNHawk
                            Aren't they sometimes named after people who've had spectacular crashes there? Don't worry, dude; almost every track has a "turn 6."

Comment

People are people, some have better people skills than other is all it comes down too.
                              2000 DR650 (Thumper)

2002 DL1000 V-Strom

Comment

Working...
                              X