Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• behindthetimes
    replied
    I see the Army has issued him a fine rifle.Sweet.Those sights are the BOMB.

Leave a comment:

• Goshawk
    replied
    Originally Posted by wildwhl View Post
    things are progressing, your plebe is surviving, and in some cases even thriving. He has never shot precision or precision small bore. His first record days for air rifle were 561 and 578. Coach was hoping for around 550 if i understand correctly.

I'll be wrenching in the garage today on a hawk and another mistress, waving my flag, playing my tunes.

Go army - beat everyone!

Ww/h

Screen Shot 2019-09-29 at 9.17.13 AM.png
    hoo-rah!

-p.

Leave a comment:

• wildwhl
    replied
    Things are progressing, your plebe is surviving, and in some cases even thriving. He has never shot precision or precision small bore. His first record days for air rifle were 561 and 578. Coach was hoping for around 550 if I understand correctly.

I'll be wrenching in the garage today on a Hawk and another mistress, waving my flag, playing my tunes.

Go Army - Beat Everyone!

WW/H

Screen Shot 2019-09-29 at 9.17.13 AM.png

Leave a comment:

• nozzle
    replied
    A guy I was in boy scouts with graduated from that academy as a Historian! he is the only history major I have ever known that had a guaranteed job waiting for him with just a bachelor's degree in history.

Leave a comment:

• wildwhl
    replied
    @6 Spencer is exceptionally strong with all mathematics and engineering is his focus. Most that go to the academies don't know what they want until after their 9 years is up, or close to that (4 at WP and 5 in active duty). He could be a lifer - but only time will tell.

WW

Leave a comment:

replied
    wildwhl

Does he have an idea of what he wants to do in the service yet? I know he is a sharp shooter but is that something he wants to do for a job? Or is he considering doing something that will apply in the civilian world?

Could I go back I would have went for air traffic control instead of munitions. That's one of the best jobs you can get as enlisted. As an officer the world is his oyster. Can he fly?

If I asked this already I apologise.lots in my head these days.

Leave a comment:

• 69Falcon
    replied
    On this day, I think of the risks your son is committing to taking on, and I thank him with deep gratitude.

Leave a comment:

• ricksax
    replied
    That's what makes this forum so great. Congratulations!

Leave a comment:

• nomoduc
    replied
    Congratulations to you and your family.

Leave a comment:

• Pekingduc
    replied
    Congrats Bill, acceptance to a service academy is truly something to be proud of. Now watch time fly by. Before you know it, you’ll be attending many promotion ceremonies. Sounds like your son has real leadership in his dna so be ready for stars on his shoulders one day...

Leave a comment:

• nozzle
    replied
    Blew every chance you had?

Leave a comment:

• wildwhl
    replied
    Originally Posted by nozzle View Post

I think that is how the whole thing starts BTT
    Well...it WAS HARD to get this one...took 13.5 months of effort and I was ready to give up. Son #2 was more like 30 seconds...

WW

Leave a comment:

• nozzle
    replied
    Originally Posted by behindthetimes View Post
    ...snip...That had to be HARD.
    I think that is how the whole thing starts BTT

Leave a comment:

• behindthetimes
    replied
    You raised a son.....who's going off to be a man.That had to be HARD.

Leave a comment:

• wildwhl
    replied
    Thanks guys. Why was it harder to say goodbye? Most of you have touched on it - but the future just became more real. He still has that same look of commitment and determination in his eyes and voice, though at times I do sense a slight bit of possibly fear of the unknown. Fear probably isn't the right word...but words escape me right now.

Have to say this - the young men and women that point themselves down a path such as this deserve a great deal of respect. It is so far from being easy or enjoyable that most of us would bail on it at a moment's notice. I'm honored to have been able to attend the campus, A day ceremony, and meet the people we did at the USMA. I am fortunate to live in a country where I can be a small part of it all.

The journey continues and I'll share it from time to time here...

WW

Leave a comment:

Working...
X