Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me know what you think so far.

What u guys think so far?

Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology.

the back of that tail needs to come down... alot.

and a subframe that doesnt use that lower bolt hole, like a hiperform, would be cool

Comment

Is that an R6 tail? Check out stevejhows bike pics- you should be inspired by that. What tank is that from?
      '88 Hawk GT
      '89 Harley FXSTC
      2008 Yamaha V-Star 1300 tourer

http://www.hawkgtforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=948

"...my performance ain't perfect, but its loud, and its fast..." -Widespread Panic

Comment

i like it

going for a euro street fighter look???

thats what it reminds me of.
        1988 & 1991 hawkgt, 2005 rc51

Comment

Take the CENTERSTAND OFF!!!
          BIKES: Honda: RC31 Racebike/ NT650 Streetbike, DUCATI: None at the moment.
          Former MSF Rider Coach / Trackday Instructor/ Expert Roadracer #116
          "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow."

Comment

Oh god... Renthals. (j/k)

I like the kicked-up tail... I do agree you should look at HiPerform subframes though.

Very Euro-Streetfighter... of which I'm a major fan (just not a big fan of Rennies ). Nice.
            1988 "BlackHawk" project
            1989 "RallyHawk" is Chuck's now!
            1988 "The Gray" Tempest Gray Metallic stocker

I can't tell you how peaceful it is. Shinya Kimura
            People who know ride Hawks. Riot

Comment

The tail end is a 03 r1 end. i have the bars and centre stand on for the moment for easy movement and work. Working on hiding all the wires at the moment. I have the subframe moved from its origional top mount to the shock mount. gives it the real jacked up look i want. Gotta love the fighters. Oh yeah i have a hugger in the post from Germany. Should be here any day now.

Comment

We just call them streetfighters over this side of the pond. I got my huger in the post today. looks nice. gonna have a nice relaxing weekend with my favourate beer and socket sets this weekend. hopefully have some new pics i a few days.

Im looking at Vortex Clipons on ebay at the monent. They look pretty sweet. Anybody tried them?

Comment

I don't have the vortex bars but I do have their sprocket set- nice machining.
                  '88 Hawk GT
                  '89 Harley FXSTC

"...my performance ain't perfect, but its loud, and its fast..." -Widespread Panic

Comment

I have a Vortex set. They kick ass. Worth every penny, especially if you need to replace a bent handlebar - they're replaceable, as you just swap them out and keep the clip.

If I had it to do over again though (these were a gift), I'd go with the Woodcraft ones that split in a "clamshell" style. That way, if you want to drop them under the top triple or bring them up top again, you can do so without any hassle (in other words, the forks don't have to come out!). My wife likes to ride with me with the clamps over the triple, and I like them low. My solution is to have two sets of clamps. I haul out the extras when she wants to ride. Takes 10 minutes to switch
                    1988 "BlackHawk" project
                    1989 "RallyHawk" is Chuck's now!
                    1988 "The Gray" Tempest Gray Metallic stocker

I can't tell you how peaceful it is. Shinya Kimura
                    People who know ride Hawks. Riot

Comment

The tail is frickin sweet and really cleans up the bike, but...

That is going to crush your balls like a meat and metal sandwich. I'd strongly recommend you drop the angle of the seat.

I think the stock seat is a bad enough ball crusher as is. I can't imagine what it'd be like to ride that. Half your energy would be going toward pushing your balls away from the tank.
                      '88 Hawk GT - back in the saddle
                      '99 Suzuki GZ250 - the first

'87 Suzuki GSXR1100/1207cc - traded to get my Hawk back

Comment

That is going to crush your balls like a meat and metal sandwich.

And the vortec bars do kick ass! $12 replacement bars if you bend them
                        -NEVER LET YOUR FEARS STAND IN THE WAY OF YOUR DREAMS-
                        Most of the pics I have of my Hawk/Mods: http://gallery.me.com/stevenhowell

"Arseing about with my bikes will end in tears." -Keno04

"Dress for the slide, not the ride" - ParcNHawk

Comment

Originally Posted by Stevenjhow
                          That is going to crush your balls like a meat and metal sandwich.

And the vortec bars do kick ass! $12 replacement bars if you bend them
                          I read somewhere that handlebars, like flags, should NEVER touch the ground!!

And I finally get to use this!!!

Keep the rubber side down and the shiney side up
                          '88 Hawk GT
                          '89 Harley FXSTC

Comment

So true so true.

Comment

heres my thought

that line formed along the tail points down.. that line under the tank points much flatter.

for the bike to look right, they must intersect at a shallower angle.

you want that jacked-up rear look... so flatten the tail out some so you can ride it, but tilt the tank so that its meeting angle comes in better.

the bike will look cleaner, and be better to ride, while still being very agressive looking....

just a thought.

Comment

Working...
                              X