A good bar/clipon switch...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A good bar/clipon switch...

I want a more aggressive stance but don't want a sore back either.

I saw caynon chaser put on some semi lower ones off a VFR800 (yr unknow.. if anyone know let me know. I need a yr for my salvage yard to look)

http://www.canyonchasers.net/shop/hawkGT/clipons.php

Since I have the bars off the forks might as well change them out if I can.

And other stock bars u can suggest?

Rob
    Rob
    88 Street Hawk
    F2 tank, Aztec8 dual 4", Duc seat and CF cowl, Stage 3 jet, Uni Pods, M4 stubby, SV650 clips, controls & fuel pump, GSXR front mc and CFB1000 front caliper, F3 forks upper and internals, Penske 8983, Gino RCR, rear jump plates & R6 pegs and Vapor gauge...
    04 CRF50 pit bike and stunt runner...
    91 Suzuki GSF400 Bandit (she's a runner now...)

CB-1 bars are a good fit, not as tall as stock but not race boy clip ons either, for the VFR I belive the 800cc years were 1998-2001, then 2002 and on were vtec models (43mm uppers)
    any 41mm clipons would work, the hard part is finding ones that you like the height as well as the angle of.
    I first switched to F2 bars when I got the bike, but switched back to stock after my first all day ride. great for the track or short rides, but murder on the back after the second hour in the saddle
    Mike/Kilter
    They smile because I'm different--I laugh because they are all the same

Comment

oh, you also might try dropping the forks and mounting the bars under the top triple, I've never done it myself, but can't see why that wouldn't get you lower on the cheap. you would lose the stops that keep the bars from swinging free if they come loose though... but you loose that with most aftermarket and other bar set ups
      Mike/Kilter
      They smile because I'm different--I laugh because they are all the same

Comment

I used F2 clipons all summer last season and they weren't too bad. The only time I had an issue was when I took a 350 mile ride, that was a doozie....I did a few 300 mile runs that weren't that bad, but that 350 one did me hard.
        -NEVER LET YOUR FEARS STAND IN THE WAY OF YOUR DREAMS-
        Most of the pics I have of my Hawk/Mods: http://gallery.me.com/stevenhowell

"Arseing about with my bikes will end in tears." -Keno04

"Dress for the slide, not the ride" - ParcNHawk

Comment

I put SV clip-ons on the Hawk this winter. Lowers a bit but not as much as the CBRs. I don't know how they ride, roads still snow covered.
          -God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they annoyed me.

Comment

I was looking at these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...1806833&rd=1,1

Looks like they still have a little height to them.

Rob
            Rob
            88 Street Hawk
            F2 tank, Aztec8 dual 4", Duc seat and CF cowl, Stage 3 jet, Uni Pods, M4 stubby, SV650 clips, controls & fuel pump, GSXR front mc and CFB1000 front caliper, F3 forks upper and internals, Penske 8983, Gino RCR, rear jump plates & R6 pegs and Vapor gauge...

Comment

Went with some SV650 ones. Not too tall and not too short (got a old worn out back).

Took a little drilling to set the switches... now new grips and a I will be on my way. Look like a good fit. $30 not bad
              Rob
              88 Street Hawk

Comment

Working...
              X