anyone got one of these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone got one of these?

found this, was wondering if anyone on here had one, and if so how does it fit (need mods, custom brackets, etc)

http://www.aztec8.com/catalog/i226.html

It should just mount to the bolts that go into the side of the headlight.
    A Honda amongst a sea of Harleys

Comment

Originally Posted by Ross View Post
      It should just mount to the bolts that go into the side of the headlight.
      yes, in theory.
      Ive learned from many years of bolting accessories to motorcycles that theory and practice arent always the same.

Comment

Looks to just be a Buell X1 copy and there are plenty of those that've been mounted to Hawks.

Comment

Far cheaper to buy from SRD and fab the brackets yourself!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Buell-Cyclone-...item27b08e09ee

Would love to say I have no affiliation but it's my dad! :P
          '90 Bros mk I - 954 front end, vapor digi dash, k-tech cbr1100xx shock, full TBR system, cbr900rr rearsets with cbr600rr pegs, fabitappi hugger and seat converter and cb600f8 wing mirrors

'90 CB-1 - PC frame, cbr1100xx rear shock, 600rr footpegs and rear fender removed

'84 FJ1100 - fzr400rr front calipers

Bros 400/750 project - PGM Africa Twin motor, mkII front wheel, race subframe and rvf rear wheel conversion (in progress!!)

'02 RSV1000R Mille

Comment

i have one. i bought the stock cyclone brackets and they were about an inch/inch and a half too short. some people have them and they're tilted forward a little, but it obscures the top part of your headlight. so i took some flat aluminum stock and extended them. it's not pretty, but it's behind the brackets so you wouldn't really see em unless you were looking close.
            --------------------------------------------------
            '88 Hawk GT - Pods, 3.0 Jet Kit, F3 clipons, F3 tank + SV650 tail

Comment

I've got a c/f cyclone screen and cyclone brackets - fitted straight on other than having to drill out the bracket holes a tiny bit to mate it up to the headlight.

The brackets are hideously expensive (in the UK anyway) for what they are - but then if you are really shit at fabbing brackets (like I am) it's money well spent.
              '95 ShaftHawk 650P>
              Front: Bros Mk2 front wheel; Mk1 forks; MetalGear disc; NC30 caliper; cb1 yoke.
              Breathing: Hacked up and shortened ART tri-can on collector and link pipe from DemonTweeks.
              Other: RGV bars; DefT dash; modded subframe; modded rearsets; relocated ignition.

'91 Bros 650 Mk1>
              Currently off the road.

Comment

I made bracket templates in cardboard (single layer) for mine, and then fabbed them out of aluminum.

Comment

Working...
                X