• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top speed

What is the top speed of the 400 bros
    I can get mine to 160km about 100mph
    Is there much more in there.

Depends if yours has a rev limiter, restricts it to 112mph or therebouts.
    '95 ShaftHawk 650P>
    Front: Bros Mk2 front wheel; Mk1 forks; MetalGear disc; NC30 caliper; cb1 yoke.
    Breathing: Hacked up and shortened ART tri-can on collector and link pipe from DemonTweeks.
    Other: RGV bars; DefT dash; modded subframe; modded rearsets; relocated ignition.

'91 Bros 650 Mk1>
    Currently off the road.

Comment

my 650 hawk only goes 114 or so..... RPM limited.

Comment

So 100mph for the 400cc is not the bad...thanks, good it know

Comment

Originally Posted by HypnoToad
          yea.. only real diff between them is how quick they get there.

this really sucks if you... uhh... fool around with modern sportbikes.
          not that any of us would ever do back road shnanigans..... but it sucks how you can turn thru the twisties faster.... only to be passed on the straights and then forced behind a slower rider on the next twisties..

happens EVERY time.

Comment

I took my rev limiter off, mind.
            '95 ShaftHawk 650P>
            Breathing: Hacked up and shortened ART tri-can on collector and link pipe from DemonTweeks.
            Other: RGV bars; DefT dash; modded subframe; modded rearsets; relocated ignition.

'91 Bros 650 Mk1>
            Currently off the road.

Comment

Originally Posted by DefTrap
              what engine mods did you do so it can make power up there? oversize valves? ported heads? cams? did you put in a stronger crank?

Comment

Er, crossing my fingers?
                '95 ShaftHawk 650P>

'91 Bros 650 Mk1>
                Currently off the road.

Comment

Originally Posted by MrDude_1

not that any of us would ever do back road shnanigans..... but it sucks how you can turn thru the twisties faster.... only to be passed on the straights and then forced behind a slower rider on the next twisties..

happens EVERY time.
                  Try racing em.
                  BIKES: Honda: RC31 Racebike/ NT650 Streetbike, DUCATI: None at the moment.
                  Former MSF Rider Coach / Trackday Instructor/ Expert Roadracer #116
                  "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow."

Comment

Originally Posted by Doc

happens EVERY time.
                    Try racing em.
                    i really, really, really want to.

its just not in the budget.

now, with a large enough budget, id stag one of hords 90hp motors... then i can be the jackass that passes you on the straights.... lol.
                    really, i think anything at or over 80hp would make me hang with thoes SVs.....

but like i said.. budget.

Comment

Originally Posted by Doc

happens EVERY time.
                      Try racing em.
                      i really, really, really want to.

its just not in the budget.

now, with a large enough budget, id stag one of hords 90hp motors... then i can be the jackass that passes you on the straights.... lol.
                      really, i think anything at or over 80hp would make me hang with thoes SVs.....

but like i said.. budget.
                      Budget... can you put a price on happiness?

$50 for a race plus gas and food for the weekend. That is all you need.

50 so HP on my Hawk... I bet 80 would have me smoking SV's.

Comment

i am with doc.

it's not the bike, it's the rider - and the fun you have riding.

the hawk just happens to be a really good bike to be changed if desired.
                        '88 hawk with sporty mods
                        '76 bmw r90 with sporty mods
                        '71 honda cb 350 racebike

Comment

tom,
                          speaking of the bike... wanna get together soon to compare bikes? marc and i have been setting mine up and it seems to be running okay, but i am curious to see what a stocker feels like powerwise and otherwise. also, weather permitting im going on a ride this sunday "upstate" and prob. in some good paarts of jersey if youre interested...
                          ride Red.

Comment

Originally Posted by DefTrap
                            How do you take the rev limiter off ?

Comment

I think you get a new box.

Comment

Working...
                              X