New Ducati 1098 wrecked, one arrested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Ducati 1098 wrecked, one arrested

I got a call this morning from a buddy of mine in the Detroit area. Last night he pulled up to a stop light on his one week old Ducati 1098, heard some screeching tires, and wham!! was smached from behind. The guy who hit him told him he was sorry and tried to get back in his car. My buddy pulled out his badge and held him for the local P.D. to get there. The guy blew a .36 on the PBT. Over 4 times the legal limit of .08.
    Thankfully my buddy is fine, he's got some bumps and bruises but he's not badly injured. The Ducati on the other hand isn't so great. He just said it was really bad. I won't know more until I talk to him longer. Just a reminder to all to be careful and safe out there.
    -God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they annoyed me.

Makes me want to stop riding at night. Shudder.

Glad he is ok and the guy didn't get away.

Post pics!
    BIKES: Honda: RC31 Racebike/ NT650 Streetbike, DUCATI: None at the moment.
    Former MSF Rider Coach / Trackday Instructor/ Expert Roadracer #116
    "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow."

Comment

Of course this is why they recommend you sit at a light in first gear, watching your mirrors, ready to "flee" at the first site of an oncoming car who doesn't look like he's going to stop. Good survival techique and has saved my butt more than once!

Kurt
      88 Honda Hawk GT
      03 Aprilia Futura

Not a "Hawk Newb" just don't post very often...

Comment

Working...
      X