rode the hawk to work today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rode the hawk to work today.

yup.. rode the hawk into work. was kinda funny to pull into work.
    i could see 5 people inside that came to the windows just to look at the bike as i parked... sat there on the bike in the parkinglot, put on my tie, and walked in.. lol.

couldnt find my backpack (been missing for a week now) so i rode with my work (dress) shoes on... ive determined that sucks. (not to mention the lack of ankle protection...)
    i think tomorrow if i ride, i'll bring a tankbag and stick the shoes in there.

anyone else ridein to work today?

Raining today. Rode the last 2 days though.

Really sucks that I only drive 2 miles to work.
    BIKES: Honda: RC31 Racebike/ NT650 Streetbike, DUCATI: None at the moment.
    Former MSF Rider Coach / Trackday Instructor/ Expert Roadracer #116
    "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow."

Comment

Originally Posted by Doc
      Raining today. Rode the last 2 days though.

Really sucks that I only drive 2 miles to work.
      lol, i wish.

im more like 15 by way of the hwy...... more if i go the backroad way.

Comment

Ya its horrible 30 min in dense traffic on small 1 lane each side roads, with pot holes and 86 sets of traffic lights in 14km/8.6 miles

Comment

On bike most days but needed the car for work today. Pity cos weather just turned nice!
          -----------------------
          88 Bros
          93 Supra TT 6sp
          03 Sh*tbox Opel Combo
          -----------------------

Comment

I rode today and almost every day right now. I have 9 miles of curvy back roads to ride on! I also go out at lunch just to ride! I use the "saving gas" with my wife...

Rob
            88 Street Hawk
            F2 tank, Aztec8 dual 4", Duc seat and CF cowl, Stage 3 jet, Uni Pods, M4 stubby, SV650 clips, controls & fuel pump, GSXR front mc and CFB1000 front caliper, F3 forks upper and internals, Penske 8983, Gino RCR, rear jump plates & R6 pegs and Vapor gauge...
            04 CRF50 pit bike and stunt runner...
            91 Suzuki GSF400 Bandit (she's a runner now...)

Comment

I rode yesterday, don't ride to work much since most of it is though a really bad neighborhood, pretty much straight up one city parkway where driving is kind of a free-for-all. It's really not an enjoyable ride.
              '88 Hawk - Street '89 Hawk - Track '67 Fiat 500 - Luigi follow only the Ferraris

Comment

Originally Posted by HypnoToad
                Ya its horrible 30 min in dense traffic on small 1 lane each side roads, with pot holes and 86 sets of traffic lights in 14km/8.6 miles
                Soon I 'll upload a video in Athens traffic . It 's like that and probably worse
                (ex)spambot exterminator .
                BROS 400 owners : http://www.hawkgtforum.com/forum/sho...+400+countdown

Comment

I ride to work at least 3 times a week if not more. I have about a 10 mile commute one way. There is fairly heavy traffic the way I go. I avoid the highway IH35 because it is a death trap due to NAFTA. I actually have more of an issue with people trying to hit me when I am driving my car go figure. This weekend is the ROT Rally and all the Harley riders will be in town. I always get a kick out of the midlife crisis dudes who drop there full dresser and have to get three of there buddies to help pick it back up, never fails.
                  '89 NT650
                  '75 KZ400D
                  '75 RD350B

Comment

I ride every day, but I wouldn't do it without gear, put enough time into the equation and something's going to happen. I have to wear nice clothes to work, nice clothes that are about as pavement resistant as skin. So I invested in the Aerostich, expensive but my mind isn't cluttered with thoughts of "what if I go down" while I'm heading to work.

Comment

Always ride to work when I can - 120 mile round trip - half fast dual carriageway (blows the cobwebs away) - half fast country roads. Love it.
                      I tend to leave most of my workwear at work but then I rarely have to get smart as I work in I.T.
                      '95 ShaftHawk 650P>
                      Front: Bros Mk2 front wheel; Mk1 forks; MetalGear disc; NC30 caliper; cb1 yoke.
                      Breathing: Hacked up and shortened ART tri-can on collector and link pipe from DemonTweeks.
                      Other: RGV bars; DefT dash; modded subframe; modded rearsets; relocated ignition.

'91 Bros 650 Mk1>
                      Currently off the road.

Comment

I've only had the bike a couple of months. I bought it from a guy at work so I've rode home on it once and been in on it once more. 110mile round trip to work for me. I don't own water proofs and don't want to get my leathers soaked so I've not had much chance to go in on it, what with the awful weather over the last few weeks. I'm sure I'll get many opportunities over the summer.
                        '88 Bros NT650J
                        Progressive fork springs, '93 CBR600 F2 fork caps, CBR900RR rear shock, Puig 'Raptor' fly screen
                        Fabitappi Monoposto seat cover, Heated grips, Braided brake lines, Buell indicators/turn signals
                        Ceramic coated stock headers with custom Yoshi shorty muffler & Muzzy collector

Comment

i rode past two days but its going to rain today.
                          i ride about 70 miles round trip and my 91 astro van gets about 12m/g
                          and the rc51 gets about 35m/g it adds up.

i wear helmet gloves and a jacket no matter how hot it is. 2 hours on the road 5 days a week (if weather is good). i plan on buying some riding boots soon and will use those all the time as well.

indiana has no helmet law, so i take the bike and get lunch some times with no gear on. but 95% of the time im geared up.

i look forward to riding my hawk again.
                          1988 & 1991 hawkgt, 2005 rc51

Comment

woot.. just came back from lunch.
                            normal attire here is a full dress shirt and tie...
                            well, as soon as i got out the door for lunch, i pocketed the tie, and undid the top button..
                            went to lunch... came back in, first place i was going was to the bathroom to put my tie on.

a co-worker saw all this and commented to me... "you were strutting and looked like you just got laid when you came in... then you came out of there with the tie on and you look like every other zombie here"

Comment

Originally Posted by MrDude_1
                              a co-worker saw all this and commented to me... "you were strutting and looked like you just got laid when you came in... then you came out of there with the tie on and you look like every other zombie here"

a dual existance, motorcycle riding and cube life will cause that to happen
                              1988 & 1991 hawkgt, 2005 rc51

Comment

Working...
                              X