a nail + Tire= bad day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a nail + Tire= bad day

Well I should have posted this sooner. Well on Sun day I want over to friends with the gsxr. My mom called me told me that truck had flat tire in the drive. Im like that sucks. IM like owell I need new rear tire any way one my truck. So I going on home the bike. Look at the tire and see that i need to replace it. I had a hole about 1/2 inch long. so I call a friend who had tires for sale and got a price on them. Then decied to go get money to pay the guy the next day. As im going out on the bike the rear fells a little odd. So got to the bank and got the money. Heading home and one a S coner by my house the back of fells like tracking very wrong. so I stop about 1 mile from home and look at the tire and see a NAIL in my bike tire..... I got it home and check the tire pressure and had 16 psi in it. They are meant to 34 psi and tire is very very hot to the the touch too. So im getting a new tire o wedsday. Im droping the bike off at the dealer in the after noon. loaded in my truck. That was a bad day 2 tire in 2 vechicals on the same day.

I gess the only thing with bike tire is replace it. Its only 2 mounths old too o well

let me know what you all think
    A Link to the pics I have taken for the 2007 Scavenger hunt.

http://bikepics.com/members/deadlego/p2/

Yep, Murphy's law in action. As always is the case... it never rains unless it pours.
    '88 Bros NT650J
    Progressive fork springs, '93 CBR600 F2 fork caps, CBR900RR rear shock, Puig 'Raptor' fly screen
    Fabitappi Monoposto seat cover, Heated grips, Braided brake lines, Buell indicators/turn signals
    Ceramic coated stock headers with custom Yoshi shorty muffler & Muzzy collector

Comment

Fixing nail holes in motorcycle tires can be done.. but most shops won't do it for liability reasons. The tire can be plugged, if the tire has a tube you can plug the tire and patch the tube but... the cost of dismounting/mounting a new tire is cheap insurance. If you were on a smaller bike and never went over 50 you would probably be safe repairing the tire, but on your bike? I have personally had a tire plugged and didn't have any probelsm with it, but I changed it shortly after the plug was put in. Going flat at speed is not a fun thing- if its the front you could be in real trouble quick, if its the rear, as in your case, it will start to sway on you as the pressuse drops, then the bead will come loose and you'll be limping along the side of the highway at 5mph. Unfortunately not worth it.
      '88 Hawk GT
      '89 Harley FXSTC
      2008 Yamaha V-Star 1300 tourer

http://www.hawkgtforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=948

"...my performance ain't perfect, but its loud, and its fast..." -Widespread Panic

Comment

Man... I feel for you. I HATE and I mean HATE nails and seeing nails on the ground. I always pick them up even if I'm not riding... in a grocery parking lot, at the movies parking lot, when I'm walking the dog, etc.... I HATE getting a nail in my rear. It's so expensive to replace, sometimes they can't be plugged, and it's kind of a pain in the ass to remove the rear wheel off the Hawk sometime with a stock exhaust. With modern radials there is no problem getting it by the exhaust but man oh man. I just had a old bias ply cheng shin barracuda that I took off, and it was a biatch to try and lever it out between the swingarm and stock exhaust. Not to mention my lower back already has problems... ok ok... so who was venting here ?
        You know your a hawkaddict when you check ebay and craigslist every hour for parts to upgrade

Comment

Working...
        X