Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MONTREAL hawkers

me and a friend where heading downtown and i saw a hawk
    my buddy pointed the bike out to me wile we where waiting for a red light to change. he didnt even know what it was. i said thats a hawk! cool.

it had a black tank with a monster seat mod and dark goldish looking rims.

light changes and we take off. half a block away i see a guy walking down the street with a helmet in his hand. moving down the road in traffic slowly i had a chance to ask if that was his bike. he nods yes and i give a big thumbs up and take off.

anyone one want to fess up? who was that? are they even on this forum? who knows. might have been a frenchy.

i hope my firendly jesture made that guys day
    if some stranger on a rc51 showed intrest in my hawk that would have put a smile on my face for sure.
    1988 & 1991 hawkgt, 2005 rc51

obviously it wasnt me, but i cant help but smile when i get that "is that a hawk?" question.. or overhear that "oooh! whos hawk is this?" lol

Comment

ya its so rear to meet someone that even knows what it is
      let alone someone that rides one.

Comment

That was me, and , not a frenchy. lol
        Thanks for the "thumbs up". It is nice feeling, knowing that an old bike can still spark interest and appreciation.
        What street was that on?

Comment

i cant remeber it might have been metcalf i was heading to cresent st i wish i had stoped and taken a closer look. nice bike

if you want some good riding i would recommend going across the boarder to lake plascid and west in the adirondacs there is some nice riding out there no bumbs unless you enjoy feeling like a bobble head doll. hehe its a pretty long day of riding but can be done in one day and well worth the hike out there. and northern vermont has a few banked turns thats crazy.

next time im in town i will let you know

Comment

Working...
          X