Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any suggestions for an alternative seat and tail section?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any suggestions for an alternative seat and tail section?

I'm curious about replacing the stock GT seat and rear cowl with some different looking pieces. I'm aware of the Monster tail, any other ideas?

Thanks!

You could always go with a Fabian race tail. It mounts right up to the stock subframe with no modifications reguire except for making a seat. Here is a pic of it and another one mounted on El Capitans hawk. Its a sharp looking tail. They run 130 euro.

Penske 8983, 3.0 jet kit, GVE's, RT springs, mikuni pump/cust mount, lightened rotor, Aztec8 Duals, EB harness,RX2N, Lenac brake kit/cust. reasets, CRG mirrors/levers, Full ti M4, Fabi hugger, Gino's roller, Brents frame slider, BTTs res elim., WW torsion bar, Eric'c cf sidestand and res bracket, Bogans Sprocket cover, plus much more
    http://www.hawkgtforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17600

I also do decals for our Hawks and Bros on the forum. I do stock colors or custom colors. I can also do about any design out there or custom design you wish for.
    link to the decals and pricing....
    http://www.hawkgtforum.com/forum/hon...ics-and-prices

Comment

Check out ParcNHawk's bike, I forget which tail he has but it is a sweet setup. It has a ton of storage in the tail and he also has hard luggage for it.
      Flock of Hawks | '13 Tacoma | '69 Falcon (currently getting reassembled!)
      I've spent most of my money on women, beer, cars and motorcycles. The rest of it I just wasted.

Comment

Originally Posted by 69Falcon View Post
        Check out ParcNHawk's bike, I forget which tail he has but it is a sweet setup. It has a ton of storage in the tail and he also has hard luggage for it.
        SV650 tail on his. I've got a Ducati 748 tail on my first Hawk along with the Ducati tank.
        Ducati Hawk Build
        Hawk #2 Build

Jetting Database

Comment

I've brought this up before, but I believe the early cbr900rr subframe is very close to the hawk design. I would think that only the top mount would need to be reconfigured and then you would use all the stock 900rr tail and undertray. The subframes are relatively cheap but the tails and undertrays are a little more expensive. Big benifit would be an aluminum subframe. The main seat and passenger seat are easy to reconfigure or remove passenger seat for a cover and you would still retain a semi stock confirguration for the remainder of the electrics and other things that go back there. Just and idea that I've been wanting to carry out, but haven't had the funds to do so.
          2017 WCHR
          2017 WCHR T-Shirts
          Don't forget to Check the "How To's: Index Links"
          Rebuild and upgrade thread

Comment

Post up the photos...of all your tail section mods...would surely help us Hawk-beginners to see what's what....

Comment

a lot of those tails are nice.
              Wonder which tail mod can be done which could use the stock Hawk seat....while at the same time...allow for sharper/cleaner tail look?

Comment

Here's my 748 Mods. Custom subframe brackets water-jetted to fit the Ducati Subframe.

Ducati Hawk Build
                Hawk #2 Build

Jetting Database

Comment

Nice subframe...wow, what did it take to get that thing made?
                  Also...the tail section..you gonna eventually paint it? to match the tank or vice versa?
                  I love the look of the Duc tail....but...and I say this without any offense...it's so distinctive, the Duc tail that...humm..well, yer Hawk will look like 1/2 Hawk, 1/2 Duc....and well....dunno...kinda feels weird to me...but like i said...love the tail and subframe work......maybe once it's painted all the same color..may look different...wish they had on the market a tail that was a Hawk-specific tail that resembled the Duc tail.

Comment

Originally Posted by rob2218 View Post
                    Nice subframe...wow, what did it take to get that thing made?
                    Also...the tail section..you gonna eventually paint it? to match the tank or vice versa?
                    I love the look of the Duc tail....but...and I say this without any offense...it's so distinctive, the Duc tail that...humm..well, yer Hawk will look like 1/2 Hawk, 1/2 Duc....and well....dunno...kinda feels weird to me...but like i said...love the tail and subframe work......maybe once it's painted all the same color..may look different...wish they had on the market a tail that was a Hawk-specific tail that resembled the Duc tail.
                    The subframe is stock Ducati 748. I just had to cut off the portion of it near the front where the seat lock is usually mounted. To make the brackets I first made some templates out of cardboard and then made some prototypes out of MDF to get the final shap. Then I just modeled them up and cut them out at work on the waterjet. The two support struts were waterjetted out of 1 inch thick aluminum and then drilled and the corners were rounded.

I want to get the tank and tail painted close to the stock Hawk Tempest Grey. Right now I have the tank painted with Plasti-Dip and plan to do the tail for now.
                    Ducati Hawk Build
                    Hawk #2 Build

Jetting Database

Comment

I mean...dang K-os...the bike does look supercrazy fine!....it looks nice and the closeup of the subframe assembly...great job.

Comment

..or as my twins would say.."..that looks BOSS"...

Comment

Originally Posted by 88Honda Hawk View Post
                          What headlight is on that bike?
                          '88 Hawk GT. 900rr rear shock, stage 2 jet kit, '90 GSXR front end, Hindle slip-on. Currently in pieces.

Comment

I am working on a Moriwaki md250 tail piece from sharkskinz coupled with a slightly modified hiperform subframe here: Not quite done yet, just waiting on the time and the weather to throw some paint on some parts. If it is for racing it will require a little work for the battery, cdi, and rectifier. If for the street also a brake light, blinkers, and license plate mount and light. I have the light and stuff but am just going to make a small L shaped bracket to hold all the signal stuff and plate.

2012-03-17%252018.49.06.jpg2012-05-06%252012.45.53.jpg2012-05-06%252012.47.01.jpg
                            88 Blue Hawk GT - Under construction but rideable (guest approved)
                            89 BlackHawk 2.0 - On the lift and being assembled
                            90 Hawk GT (color as to yet be determined) - Still on the shelf in crates

2002 DL1000 V-Strom - Workhorse. beat it, flog it, it keeps on going...

Comment

Thanks for all of the suggestions guys, it's appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                              X