Always Check Your New Bike!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always Check Your New Bike!

Just something I wanted to share. I picked up my NC25 last week from the shop that I bought it from. Rode it home and parked it for the night. The next day I moved the bike to the back building and did my traditional "used bike tare down and clean up" that I always do. You know, nothing major but I go over the bike and I take any fairings off and clean underneath them and I check all the fluid levels, make sure everything is lubed properly, and check to see how clean the air filter is. Well as I was riding the bike slowly back on the lawn to the back garage with no helmet on I heard a rattling from the front. So I got poking around and as it turns out one of the front caliper mounting bolts is missing and the other one is in finger tight!! I guess when they did the front brakes on the bike they forgot to torque down the bolts!!! Well I was some pissed to say the least and very happy I found out before I grabbed a bunch of brake only to go over the front when the other bolt let go! I gave the dealer a call, let them now how I felt about the deal and to have them kick the mechanics ass. They assured me they would. Though I would have rather had witnessed the event myself.
    So, just a reminder out there. When you get a used bike. Before you do anything else, when you get it home, check it out!
    There are three kinds of people in this world, those who can count, and those who can't.

damn that's scary, the only problem I've had was getting y cruiser back from the shop and the hose that goes into the top of the valve cover wasn't put back on, so it was spitting oil out of the top and burning on my engine. At stop lights in the hot sun my bike would start pouring smoke from under the tank. Oh yeah, and they forgot to bolt one of my exhaust clamps on, so my exhaust was loose. I brought the bike back to them the next buisness day and told them to fix it and they better do it right this time. Needless to say I won't be going back there, it is the second incident I've had with them with the same bike. The first time I figured they had some tool working on it so I gave them a second chance, but apparently all of their mechanics are tools.
    -NEVER LET YOUR FEARS STAND IN THE WAY OF YOUR DREAMS-
    Most of the pics I have of my Hawk/Mods: http://gallery.me.com/stevenhowell

"Arseing about with my bikes will end in tears." -Keno04

"Dress for the slide, not the ride" - ParcNHawk

Comment

Hey Steven

Where did you take it, just so I know which place to avoid. Not that I take my bike into a shop much.
      ARRH Don't mind me, that's just the scurvy talkin!

Comment

seattle cycle center on aurora. I think it just that they were careless when working on it. They were more than willing to take care of the issues with no arguments, but still....it shouldn't have happened in the first place. They are still a great place for tires (which they are very competitive on pricing and mounting) and gear, but as far as the service goes, I'd rather not try again.
        -NEVER LET YOUR FEARS STAND IN THE WAY OF YOUR DREAMS-
        Most of the pics I have of my Hawk/Mods: http://gallery.me.com/stevenhowell

"Arseing about with my bikes will end in tears." -Keno04

"Dress for the slide, not the ride" - ParcNHawk

Comment

Working...
        X