Who do you all use for insuance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who do you all use for insuance?

Who do you guys use for your motorcycle insurance?? How much are you guys paying??
    A Link to the pics I have taken for the 2007 Scavenger hunt.

http://bikepics.com/members/deadlego/p2/

progressive.

horrific, ticket infested driving record (all speeding and/or "careless")

$54 a month for full coverage + an additional $4000 on top because of the mods.

Comment

Originally Posted by MrDude_1
      progressive.

horrific, ticket infested driving record (all speeding and/or "careless")

$54 a month for full coverage + an additional $4000 on top because of the mods.
      Oh my god!!! are you kidding?
      1988 Honda Hawk
      mcra track crash truck

Comment

progressive
        with a clean record and 22-27 years old
        $85-120/year depending on where i was.

california when i was 22 it was 120 for the year
        indiana 25-27 its 85 for the year

all thats for minimum liabilty

the 05 rc51 was 3000 for the first year and 1200 for the second year
        full coverage

its all a scam anyways
        1988 & 1991 hawkgt, 2005 rc51

Comment

geico gives multiple bike,other discounts.
          for mimimum NY liability, with clean record, i'm paying about $110 per year for Hawk.
          "It's only getting worse."

MY rides: '97 VFR750, '90 Red Hawk, '88 Blue/Black Hawk, '86 RWB VFR700 (3), '86 Yamaha Radian, '90 VTR250, '89 VTR250 (2), '73 CB125, '66 Yamaha YL-1

Sold: '86 FJ1200, '92 ZX-7, '90 Radian, '73 CB750, '89 all-white Hawk, '88 blue Hawk, '86 FZ600, '86 Yam Fazer 700 , '89 VTR250, '87 VFR700F2, '86 VFR700F.

Comment

I have progressive.... clean record, about $120/yr for liablitiy only, but they upped my rate by $20/yr because I had three credit inquiries in the past year!? WTF!!! I'm pretty sure that getting a credit card at jc pennys does not make me a worse driver. I called them on it and they said their actuarial bookworms say people with debt make more claims. Only problem is I have no debt.

Needless to say I went with them any way (lazy bastard ) but I plan on switching to Geico- then write them a letter and say your actuaries should note that raising rates for bogus reasons loses you customers.
            sad, but true
            '88 Hawk GT
            '89 Harley FXSTC
            2008 Yamaha V-Star 1300 tourer

http://www.hawkgtforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=948

"...my performance ain't perfect, but its loud, and its fast..." -Widespread Panic

Comment

give 'em Hell, mcman!!
              "It's only getting worse."

MY rides: '97 VFR750, '90 Red Hawk, '88 Blue/Black Hawk, '86 RWB VFR700 (3), '86 Yamaha Radian, '90 VTR250, '89 VTR250 (2), '73 CB125, '66 Yamaha YL-1

Sold: '86 FJ1200, '92 ZX-7, '90 Radian, '73 CB750, '89 all-white Hawk, '88 blue Hawk, '86 FZ600, '86 Yam Fazer 700 , '89 VTR250, '87 VFR700F2, '86 VFR700F.

Comment

Geico, 120/yr. for full coverage, I'm 32 clean record...
                Damn right it's a Hawk GT

Comment

Markel - or known as Bikeline

Body Liability - 38.00
                  Prop Liability - 14.00
                  Comp (250 Deduct) - 13.00
                  Collision (250 Deduct) - 16.00

Or $81.00 smackeroos for the year

This is in California mind you, super expensive insurance out here.

35 year old Rider, MSF course, and 17 years riding experience.

A few of my riding buddies all use Markel / Bikeline for their insurance because they are a motorcycle, boat, and ATV insurance company.

Try them for a quote

http://www.markelinsuresfun.com/
                  88' NT650 Hawk - 2nd owner
                  <94 F2 front end // Fox TC // Telefix clip on // Hord Uni + 3.0 kit>

92' VFR 750 - 3rd owner

86' Rebel 450 - Free off craigslist!

Comment

Progressive, $75/yr for the Hawk, $219 for the Ducati, and $508 for the 675. (ouch)
                    J.D. Hord
                    Keeper of Engine Nomenclature, 9th Order

Comment

I use USAA (military/government) who insure through progressive. I have 1 speeding ticket on my record and am 19 years old and I pay $48 a month for Full Coverage

Comment

Progressive, $75/yr for liability only.
                        Brian - Richland, WA
                        1991 Hawk GT
                        1997 VFR

Comment

Bike Insurance

McGraw; about $120/year

Comment

In the UK: I use eBike. Nice multibike policies. All done online - managed to amend my policy gone midnight recently ...
                            No experience of having to make a claim with them however.
                            '95 ShaftHawk 650P>
                            Front: Bros Mk2 front wheel; Mk1 forks; MetalGear disc; NC30 caliper; cb1 yoke.
                            Breathing: Hacked up and shortened ART tri-can on collector and link pipe from DemonTweeks.
                            Other: RGV bars; DefT dash; modded subframe; modded rearsets; relocated ignition.

'91 Bros 650 Mk1>
                            Currently off the road.

Comment

Originally Posted by DefTrap
                              In the UK: I use eBike. Nice multibike policies. All done online - managed to amend my policy gone midnight recently ...
                              No experience of having to make a claim with them however.
                              Just this week taken out a policy for my car with eCar. The bike is with Bennetts but I think I'll swap it to eBike when it's due for renewal and get them both on the same policy.
                              '88 Bros NT650J
                              Progressive fork springs, '93 CBR600 F2 fork caps, CBR900RR rear shock, Puig 'Raptor' fly screen
                              Fabitappi Monoposto seat cover, Heated grips, Braided brake lines, Buell indicators/turn signals
                              Ceramic coated stock headers with custom Yoshi shorty muffler & Muzzy collector

Comment

Working...
                              X