What temp do you stop riding at?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What temp do you stop riding at?

What temps do you all say ok time to put the bike in storage and stop rideing or dont ride on that day?
    A Link to the pics I have taken for the 2007 Scavenger hunt.

http://bikepics.com/members/deadlego/p2/

Usually about 45 for me, if it's sunny and I'm not going too far.
    Brian - Richland, WA
    1991 Hawk GT
    1997 VFR

Comment

When all I did was ride all year round, only snow and ice kept me off of the bike. Nowaday's, probably, in the 30's, basically anything above freezing but as soon as I get appropriate riding gear, that'll change.
      '99 Ducati 748 with a 996 conversion

Comment

If its wet, 34ish to avoid black ice, if its dry...I'll go as low as I can stand I do have good gear though.

Comment

I stop enjoying the ride when gearing up takes longer than I want to be on the bike and when it takes more effort to stay out of the sand and slag from the last snow than having a fun ride.High 30's are still OK by me but I have to cross some bridges that go over water and they ice up quite quickly.
          That said,I am in New England- it gets plenty crappy around these parts so in the spring when it's 40 degrees we're all running around like it's 70...that's usually enough to make southerners cringe.

My coldest ride has been -3F.I wanted to do it just to say that I did and um,yeah...For those not used to real cold,there's a point where it's not a feeling of lack of warmth anymore,it's just hurt.

Comment

depends. if i have the gear, theres no temp i wont ride at.

theres WEATHER i wont ride in unless i have to... hail, falling snow, freezing rain.. etc...

but if its sunny out, it can be 0*F and i'll go out with winter gear.

normally it doesnt go below freezing here.. so im fine with basic cold weather gear.. MAYBE a heated vest if im going distance.

Comment

I want to say that the HJC pants and Jacket I have are ment for cold weather. I know the one day I tried them it was about 50 - 60 and I was sweating bad with the pants one. They dont let wind threw. I post some pics of them them later. But Monday it was around 40 out when I went to school. I rode with my leather jacket, leather gloves and longjons under regualer jeans and it was a little cold. I have about 45 min ride to school when I drive. That because instead of a local school I go to Votech school.

Comment

Since I don't have specifically cold weather gear and my leathers are perfed in spots...

...when I can't feel my nuts anymore.

I've maybe given up on before-8am rides... it's COLD in CT in the morning lately, and will be till spring. Warms up after that though - and I like it when it's brisk.

Cue the Lipton commercial... "That's Brisk, Baby!"
                1988 "BlackHawk" project
                1989 "RallyHawk" is Chuck's now!
                1988 "The Gray" Tempest Gray Metallic stocker

I can't tell you how peaceful it is. Shinya Kimura
                People who know ride Hawks. Riot

Comment

Originally Posted by douglas.thompson
                  "That's Brisk, Baby!"

that commercial crossed my mind saturday during the ride i was on.
                  then i thought "i havent seen one of those commercials for a wile".

glad im not the only one that remembers them
                  1988 & 1991 hawkgt, 2005 rc51

Comment

I think I know about commerical

here a pic of the suit
                    short story on how I got it. I ended up helping some move stuff from a storage unit to another one and for me helping them they gave me suit. I had talked to the person the day befor about it when I picked up some concret blocks they had for free. I talked to them and that day and they said they wanted $100 for it. but then next day they need help moveing stuff and then gave it to me for helping them. Do you think its a good suit?

Comment

this one
                      Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

or did you mean this one?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

or this one?

or this one

Or this one?

Sylvester Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Lipton Brisk Iced Tea ad May 1997

Comment

Looks like a nice suit!

I rode into work every day this week

Get a pair of chaps- they keep your legs from getting cold!
                        '88 Hawk GT
                        '89 Harley FXSTC
                        2008 Yamaha V-Star 1300 tourer

http://www.hawkgtforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=948

"...my performance ain't perfect, but its loud, and its fast..." -Widespread Panic

Comment

About 95 degrees... just too damn hot!
                          BIKES: Honda: RC31 Racebike/ NT650 Streetbike, DUCATI: None at the moment.
                          Former MSF Rider Coach / Trackday Instructor/ Expert Roadracer #116
                          "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow."

Comment

I did that one day Doc. But I had about 5 to 10 min ride in the summer. but still hot

Comment

Re: What temp do you stop riding at?

Originally Posted by Deadlego
                              What temps do you all say ok time to put the bike in storage and stop rideing or dont ride on that day?
                              Yesterday it was a little warm to ride at 83 degrees in mid October and today it was raining but it did make it to the low 80's.

High for this coming Monday is going to be in the low 80's

Did I mention that it is mid October

What is storage??????????????

Comment

Working...
                              X