Kawasaki Hawk ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kawasaki Hawk ????

I pulled up at the traffic lights today next to one of these...650 inline twin
    fuel inj and about 70bhp (I think). All for 3895 for a limited period.
    Come on Honda we are still waiting to see what your response is going to be.

"Life may begin at 40, but it doesn't get real interesting until about 150."

• '88 in Candy Flair Blue + '90 in Italian Red
    • Ohlins Rear Shock
    • F2 front wheel
    • VFR750 rear wheel
    • Hiperform seat&headers
    • MSMotorsport Seat Cowl
    • Steve Lenac Tokico six pot caliper

They are even racing them now:-

"Life may begin at 40, but it doesn't get real interesting until about 150."

• '88 in Candy Flair Blue + '90 in Italian Red
    • Ohlins Rear Shock
    • F2 front wheel
    • VFR750 rear wheel
    • Hiperform seat&headers
    • MSMotorsport Seat Cowl
    • Steve Lenac Tokico six pot caliper

Comment

It's even got something cool going on with the rear suspension! If it walks like a Hawk, and Kwaks like a Hawk.... wait a minute...

Yeah, I think Kwak's gone and built the modern Hawk. A pity, that we can't get the naked version here in the States! I've been in Poland for the last 2 wks, and I kept thinking, "now, if I were to keep a bike here..."

It's like we're being punished for giving the world Chopper Culture. Hey, we're sorry, okay?!

The rest of the universe doesn't seem to think we're mature enough for that grey area in between "turbo Hayabusa" and "enormous front forks." Why can't they release all models to all markets? Wouldn't that be simpler?

Ugh.
      1988 "BlackHawk" project
      1989 "RallyHawk" is Chuck's now!
      1988 "The Gray" Tempest Gray Metallic stocker

I can't tell you how peaceful it is. Shinya Kimura
      People who know ride Hawks. Riot

Comment

How but these little numbers

650 twin ....brand new for 5,999

http://www.umamerica.com/site/usa/mo...ml#usa_motosp2

Look pretty nice to me...and they have a 250 twin for under 4K same exact bike
        Lord Squidward of FloriDUH

Comment

Is that a rebadged Hyosung? I've heard they're decent bikes, but that the fit & finish is typically Korean - low grade. Like buying an old Buell.
          1988 "BlackHawk" project
          1989 "RallyHawk" is Chuck's now!
          1988 "The Gray" Tempest Gray Metallic stocker

I can't tell you how peaceful it is. Shinya Kimura
          People who know ride Hawks. Riot

Comment

Originally Posted by douglas.thompson
            Is that a rebadged Hyosung? I've heard they're decent bikes, but that the fit & finish is typically Korean - low grade. Like buying an old Buell.
            Yep its a Hyosung...UM is ironicly enough based out of Miami

the 250 would be a great commuter
            Lord Squidward of FloriDUH

Comment

I have to say the frame color of the kawi is pretty sweet

hyosung=pieceodung
              '88 Hawk GT
              '89 Harley FXSTC
              2008 Yamaha V-Star 1300 tourer

http://www.hawkgtforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=948

"...my performance ain't perfect, but its loud, and its fast..." -Widespread Panic

Comment

He's got a Harley, knows crap when he sees it!
                "It's only getting worse."

MY rides: '97 VFR750, '90 Red Hawk, '88 Blue/Black Hawk, '86 RWB VFR700 (3), '86 Yamaha Radian, '90 VTR250, '89 VTR250 (2), '73 CB125, '66 Yamaha YL-1

Sold: '86 FJ1200, '92 ZX-7, '90 Radian, '73 CB750, '89 all-white Hawk, '88 blue Hawk, '86 FZ600, '86 Yam Fazer 700 , '89 VTR250, '87 VFR700F2, '86 VFR700F.

Comment

Yea, but in 50 years, when hawk gt tanks cost ten grand (if you can get them) and every other part is no longer available as well, I'll still be able to buy every single part on my harley brand new!
                  '88 Hawk GT
                  '89 Harley FXSTC
                  2008 Yamaha V-Star 1300 tourer

http://www.hawkgtforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=948

"...my performance ain't perfect, but its loud, and its fast..." -Widespread Panic

Comment

Touche!! This no ride/ cold weather means more computer time.........so:

Gasoline to fill that tank may not be available in 50 years .......

or sold in government licensed pharmacys only by prescription in 2cc packets ....
                    or passed around in a small circle of friends at banned "Petrolium Parties"....home distilled in limited quantities......

.....electronically by artizans from a refracted mixture of sunflower seeds, worn out computer parts, roquefort cheese, and those old motorcycle magazines you've been saving, marinated in imported Molson Concentrate..............
                    ...an elixer and stimulant, a hit of instant youth for oldman car and motorcycle guys to recall memories , motors, adventures and the long-vanished oil-age ......
                    ......brings a tear to my eye even now, it does........
                    "It's only getting worse."

MY rides: '97 VFR750, '90 Red Hawk, '88 Blue/Black Hawk, '86 RWB VFR700 (3), '86 Yamaha Radian, '90 VTR250, '89 VTR250 (2), '73 CB125, '66 Yamaha YL-1

Sold: '86 FJ1200, '92 ZX-7, '90 Radian, '73 CB750, '89 all-white Hawk, '88 blue Hawk, '86 FZ600, '86 Yam Fazer 700 , '89 VTR250, '87 VFR700F2, '86 VFR700F.

Comment

Originally Posted by douglas.thompson
                      It's like we're being punished for giving the world Chopper Culture. Hey, we're sorry, okay?!
                      not good enough. as long as you fellow countrymen keep spraying their bikes in the most hideous colours and won`t quit screwing up every Hayabusa they get their hands on, you won`t get any proper bikes your way.

still, the ER-6N is not a Hawk. it`s a parallel twin. with to much plastic going on.
                      What was the start of all this?
                      When did the cogs of my Hawk begin to turn?
                      Perhaps it is impossible to grasp the answer now,
                      from deep within the flow of time...

But, for a certainty, back then,
                      I loved it so much, yet hated so many.
                      I hurt others and was hurt myself...

Yet even then, I rode like the wind,
                      whilst my laughter echoed
                      under cerulean skies...

Comment

i thought the sv650 was sorta like the nt650.... although that psycho lookin 1000 honda is comin out with might be cool if they got a smaller vtwin engine to fit into the frame...
                        I believe whatever doesnt kill you simply makes you.....

stranger.

Comment

Originally Posted by MCOM_RC31
                          i thought the sv650 was sorta like the nt650.... although that psycho lookin 1000 honda is comin out with might be cool if they got a smaller vtwin engine to fit into the frame...

the sv and hawk have different angles between there pistons
                          creating two motors with very different caracters, well for twins atleast.

i think the sv has a 90* twin and the hawk has a 62*
                          but i could be wrong about those numbers
                          1988 & 1991 hawkgt, 2005 rc51

Comment

I just wish they made the Hawk's V-twin 90 degrees instead of 52 or whatever so that it'd sound more like a Ducati. Those things sound incredible. Even the 620s.

Course so does the Hawk, just not quite as much.
                            '88 Hawk GT - back in the saddle
                            '99 Suzuki GZ250 - the first

'87 Suzuki GSXR1100/1207cc - traded to get my Hawk back

Comment

Working...
                            X