New Rearset Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by mparker View Post
    Last I checked Tyga was down temporarily due to Covid 19.
    I believe you are correct. Pretty sure much of that part of the world is completely shut down (still).

WW/R
    Life is a journey, not a destination.

Comment

Originally Posted by wildwhl View Post
      JB had a heavy hand in the design and testing of the Tyga rear sets, and personally I really like them. I am not likely to ever make any...not enough Japanese whisky left for that!

WW/R
      I really liked the sets I had. Great rear-set. A level or three up when compaired to woodcrafts imo.
      Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

Comment

If you make the rearset bracket....you can use any controls.......I used Rizoma. bluebike 001.JPG ....... Gary still makes 2 kinds of rearsets.... HPbyGD...... streetclothes 012.JPG
        These are original Hawk Connection and Jas has the newer ones on his bike.

Comment

Originally Posted by Massfeller View Post
          Sorry in advance for resurrecting a zombie thread, I tried reaching masanski by PM but had no luck. I would love to buy a set of these rearsets for my Hawk. Does anyone still have them or have contact info for masanski so I could reach out to him directly?

I just bought a set from Tyga, their website https://tyga-performance.com I received them last week. At the time I ordered they stated that they had 4 sets left.

Comment

Now, they have 2 sets left!
            Eric Y.
            1990 NT663 - tinker bike.
            2001 VFR800 - road trip bike.
            1990 CB400 - beater bike.
            Troy, MI
            yuzondesignworks.com

Comment

What was that little 125cc Honda you had, behindthetimes ? Those rearsets fit the Hawk.
              1988 "BlackHawk" project
              1989 "RallyHawk" is Chuck's now!
              1988 "The Gray" Tempest Gray Metallic stocker

I can't tell you how peaceful it is. Shinya Kimura
              People who know ride Hawks. Riot

Comment

Originally Posted by dagus View Post
                What was that little 125cc Honda you had, behindthetimes ? Those rearsets fit the Hawk.
                2006 NSF100. Nice pegs.

Comment

Originally Posted by behindthetimes View Post
                  2006 NSF100. Nice pegs.
                  Was it just the pegs, or the whole rearset that fit the Hawk? If the whole rearset, did the holes need any persuading?
                  Flock of Hawks | '13 Tacoma | '69 Falcon (currently getting reassembled!)
                  I've spent most of my money on women, beer, cars and motorcycles. The rest of it I just wasted.

Comment

My arsenal! 3946.jpgMy arsenal! 3936.JPG Bolt right on.

Comment

Originally Posted by 69Falcon View Post

Was it just the pegs, or the whole rearset that fit the Hawk? If the whole rearset, did the holes need any persuading?
                      Some required .0060 on each end to make the 2mm difference- F4i/ older R6....but I think these went right on.

Comment

As a point of reference (probably noted here a few times), the bolt spacing is 78mm. The early cbr900rr is 79mm. I've swapped between the two bikes a few times.

Also, i got my Tyga rearsets today! Nice quality and style! I'll be bolting these up when I have some free time. The current ones will likely go up for sale here soon.
                        Eric Y.
                        1990 NT663 - tinker bike.
                        2001 VFR800 - road trip bike.
                        1990 CB400 - beater bike.
                        Troy, MI
                        yuzondesignworks.com

Comment

Originally Posted by behindthetimes View Post
                          ....but I think these went right on.
                          The NSF100 rearsets needed a little massaging with a rat tail file. 2mm is right, behindthetimes ... 1mm from each bolt hole did the trick. There's a pair on the Carbon Fiber Black Hawk that Dmitry 's got.
                          1988 "BlackHawk" project
                          1989 "RallyHawk" is Chuck's now!
                          1988 "The Gray" Tempest Gray Metallic stocker

I can't tell you how peaceful it is. Shinya Kimura
                          People who know ride Hawks. Riot

Comment

The NSF100 rearsets needed a little massaging with a rat tail file. 2mm is right, behindthetimes ... 1mm from each bolt hole did the trick. There's a pair on the Carbon Fiber Black Hawk that Dmitry 's got.
                            First thing to go is the memory.

Comment

First time I've been on here in a long time. Just thought I'd take a look at what's going on and I see notifications. It's nice to know you folks remember me. I haven't forgotten you guys either, I've just had other priorities for a while. I think I have the other set of the Honda wing rearsets in the basement - I only ever made 2 sets.

Comment

Originally Posted by masanski View Post
                                First time I've been on here in a long time. Just thought I'd take a look at what's going on and I see notifications. It's nice to know you folks remember me. I haven't forgotten you guys either, I've just had other priorities for a while. I think I have the other set of the Honda wing rearsets in the basement - I only ever made 2 sets.
                                Hi G!

WW/R
                                Life is a journey, not a destination.

Comment

Working...
                                X