Other bikes with Hawk rim sizes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other bikes with Hawk rim sizes?

Most of the conversation tends to be around getting wider tyres on the BROS/Hawk - and I understand why; you get access to newer rubber but I though it would be interesting to find out what other motorcycles had similarly sized wheels to the bros mk1 (I know the mk2 has a weirder rear).

Yes I'm considering a build to replace my rims (as well as upgrade all suspension), but keep roughly stock sizes xD Maybe this is stupid. I havent decided yet
    Look out, a beer!

There are plenty of 110 and 150s out there now. If you want to keep stock-ish sizes in different looking wheels,best bet would be getting an NC35 rear wheel and and an MC18/21 or NC23/30 front. I really like the way Hawks feel on skinny tires,much more fun than having wide rubber yet no power.

Comment

I'd like a 3 inch front with a 110.

My 3.5 with a 110 was more fun than the current 120...a matter of preference but it was noticably lighter to turn-in.

Comment

Cheers for the input guys much appreciated.

Yeah i see plenty of NC30/VFR400 rear rims about, but they are all 18", the RVF400's are 17" but damn they are hard to find. Only ones in the UK are going for 500, which is more than what I plan to spend on suspension!

For the time being I might run a stock rear wheel then and just get a dual rotor front. My current front has emulators, but Im considering getting USD's from a 600rr for the better breaks, feelz and bling
        Look out, a beer!

Comment

Originally Posted by Dr_Blowfin View Post
          Cheers for the input guys much appreciated.

Yeah i see plenty of NC30/VFR400 rear rims about, but they are all 18", the RVF400's are 17" but damn they are hard to find. Only ones in the UK are going for 500, which is more than what I plan to spend on suspension!

For the time being I might run a stock rear wheel then and just get a dual rotor front. My current front has emulators, but Im considering getting USD's from a 600rr for the better breaks, feelz and bling
          The RVF400 rear wheel I got with my box of bits was one of the reasons I went for it: I figured that if my circumstances ever changed I could sell the wheel and the wilburs shock, the pair of those two separately would mean I'm up to the tune of about 650 or so, which is about the same amount as the whole bike has cost me so far. The price is so high because the 400 racers can't get supercorsas for their NC30's as they don't do an 18" version. There's plenty of people running 160's on the back of the RVF's, so that's what I plan on doing; I've got a ready supply of Dunlop Alpha scrubs off a friend who races in the desmodue series where they're the control tyre.
          In the garage at the moment:

'89 Bros 680
          '09 Daytona 675

Comment

Unfortunately,Alphas and BT-090 Pros aren't brought into the States. Shipping from the UK is a bit absurd but oh well.

Comment

Lorenzo:
              I am jealous, the RVF400 rim on a bros looks fantastic xD I decided to stick with my stock rim until either a tasty (well, just cheap) RVF one turns up or I can afford to get those custom PVM ones (so, never?)
              joel:
              It sort of balances out because I'm looking at front ends and there are so many going for cheap in the states and then kill on shipping and import. I feel like you have more options on forks for the bros
              Look out, a beer!

Comment

Working...
              X