Budget Race Subframes - interest thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Appreciate the kind words folks.

To be fair (and honest) I learned a huge amount through this project and it has all pushed me forward. If I could do it again, it would be different (and better) but also simpler.

Work did in fact go Nuclear as of Monday. It's very intense and moving very fast. My time for things beyond day job and family over the next few weeks will be minimal and my patience tested daily. It's all very good, but only if we line the ducks up in the right row and do it right now. It is in fact the pathway to things DMG, Mazak and more.

WW
    Engaging safety squints -> WW#Store

wwresto.com

Comment

Ok, now that I had time to reflect I want to share some major concerns about this product experience, I mean MAJOR!

First of all I just noticed that WWR logo is on the INSIDE of the tank mount and UPSIDE DOWN! This is unacceptable! I will be laughed out of any Café Bespoke Custom Builder Starbucks gathering event, I mean DOH! Can't you read bruh? No amount of muffler tape can compensate for that fatal flaw.

IMG_20190411_012237.jpg

Another issue, and that may be the killer of it all, it may be the one flaw that will be the undoing of the whole universe, one thing that kills the joy of motorcycling, I mean it's so bad I'm considering legal action!

It's the warning label...

There I was loving life and motorcycles, the culture, the freedom and fresh air, and now I'm never gonna be able to look at my motorcycle again without fear... I will never be able to roll up to Charbucks and carelessly kick the kickstand down on my classic/vintage Café racer while catching for any single babe out of the corner of my eye through the lens of my cool as ice Café helmet.
      Never...
      You and your careless application of warning label killed the joy of motorcycling for me...
      I may have to find a new hobby, like growing a beard and knitting lumberJack hats...
      I need to go hide, just a thought of my prior engagement in this reckless and dangerous hobby makes my skin crawl
      I need therapy...
      I need a Latté, skim of course....

IMG_20190410_182708.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/VaporBlast

Comment

Originally Posted by Dmitry View Post
        Ok, now that I had time to reflect I want to share some major concerns about this product experience, I mean MAJOR!

First of all I just noticed that WWR logo is on the INSIDE of the tank mount and UPSIDE DOWN! This is unacceptable! I will be laughed out of any Café Bespoke Custom Builder Starbucks gathering event, I mean DOH! Can't you read bruh? No amount of muffler tape can compensate for that fatal flaw.

IMG_20190411_012237.jpg

IMG_20190410_182708.jpg
        Haha...yeah, it's upside down, or maybe it's just right when you lean over the bike and look for your petcock, not sure. Can't find cheap slave labor kids to do anything right anymore! That hard black anodizing is hell on diamond engravers, didn't machine the logo into much of the Type III stuff.

WW

wwresto.com

Comment

Now that you've unveiled it......it's a hinged rear mount.Like the Mito tank.Brilliant.

Comment

Just jumping in here to say:

1) Those look awesome, especially in black
            2) I am going to need one of those tank mounts
            Suzondacati Build Thread

Chain rollers, swing arm chain guides, brake hangers, etc.

Various parts for sale

Comment

my thighs are going to brake that
              Gino
              Chain Roller

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE PREDICTABILITY OF STUPIDITY

2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
              2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
              2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
              LRRS HAWK GT Racer CCS Expert #929
              ECK RACING

Comment

Originally Posted by nt650hawk View Post
                my thighs are going to brake that
                Struts are coming for the fatty ones like us

http://www.facebook.com/VaporBlast

Comment

Originally Posted by Dmitry View Post

Struts are coming for the fatty ones like us

not those ones the tank holding units
                  Gino
                  Chain Roller

ECK RACING

Comment

not those ones the tank holding units
                    Those mount between the two side panels of the subframe, how you gonna crush 'em there?
                    '89 Hawk a.k.a. The RallyHawk (my son's now!) | '89 Hawk a.k.a. The Deuce | Spare Parts/Dented Learner Bike | '13 Tacoma | '69 Falcon (currently getting reassembled! )

I've spent most of my money on women, beer, cars and motorcycles. The rest of it I just wasted.

Comment

Torque them from the side. Pressure from the leg driving into the side of the tank as you leverage up from the ball of your foot.
                      Gino
                      Chain Roller

ECK RACING

Comment

Okay, gotcha. In that case, triangulate them to the rest of the subframe.
                        '89 Hawk a.k.a. The RallyHawk (my son's now!) | '89 Hawk a.k.a. The Deuce | Spare Parts/Dented Learner Bike | '13 Tacoma | '69 Falcon (currently getting reassembled! )

I've spent most of my money on women, beer, cars and motorcycles. The rest of it I just wasted.

Comment

Just got home from Nashville and happy to see a box from WW Resto's! Thanks Bill! Awesome freaking work!
                          Some more thumbs up!

Comment

Torque them from the side. Pressure from the leg driving into the side of the tank as you leverage up from the ball of your foot.
                            Hanging off the tank may be more than these can handle, and if so, you and I will come up with a solution

WW

wwresto.com

Comment

Updated payment/shipping status (Page 15 of this thread, It's probably becoming clear as mud now).

WW

wwresto.com

Comment

put the list up on post #1 and update that one
                                Gino
                                Chain Roller

ECK RACING

Comment

Working...
                                X