No announcement yet.

TYGA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TYGA’s table at the top of the write up lists the bike as 1998 while Steve calls out 1988.I guess the modifications were done in 1998 ?

Comment

Originally Posted by Luis View Post
      Tyga mades very good quality but I'm still missing a tyga exhaust for the hawk/,bros
      6719DCE5-05C3-4C98-BA5F-164BF45BA55E.jpeg

Comment

Originally Posted by Luis View Post
        Tyga mades very good quality but I'm still missing a tyga exhaust for the hawk/,bros
        +1 If they make one, I will buy it. I love everything I have bought from them so far.

Comment

Originally Posted by behindthetimes View Post

Maybe it's the HawkConnection sets I'm thinking of.My apologies.Thanks for clearing that up.... I love being senile.
          The only rearsets with bushings I've seen were the Lenac design that I got from Gary. They worked but I prefer bearings.

Comment

Originally Posted by kolby View Post

The only rearsets with bushings I've seen were the Lenac design that I got from Gary. They worked but I prefer bearings.
            Correct....the Hawk Connection sets(Gary/Lenac).I had a bunch.2 styles.They worked fine,but the bushings wore fast.They were fibre phenolic.

Comment

I've crash tested the TYGA rearsets and they hold up for the most part and if you contact them directly you can get a replacement part for whatever might need replacement. In that regard I took mine apart because I needed to replace the body (bent from the impact on the peg) and while doing so I noticed that they bolts they used to go through the footpeg are black steel so they had a lot of rust on them. Not sure if they were just oil treated or supposed to be black oxide coated and I'm sure they are a high strength bolt but I replaced mine with a stainless bolt once I found all the rust on the bolts. I'm sure it's not quite as strong a bolt but I was not wanting to experience rust issues anywhere.
              88 Blue Hawk GT - Under construction
              89 Fairing Hawk GT - Still on the shelf and in crates
              90 Hawk GT (color as to yet be determined) - Still on the shelf in crates
              2000 DR650 (Thumper)

2002 DL1000 V-Strom

Comment

Originally Posted by Remy

That's Davis' bike
                No, actually it is mine.

Comment

Thats really cool man. Bike looks great. Congrats on the recognition!
                  Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

Comment

Originally Posted by Remy

That's Davis' bike
                    Mine's not so nice. I'm glad to hear they're going to do the seat fairing in carbon. It appears Motoforza is only offering it in fiberglass now. If they do a solo seat it'll be perfect. cloud09, if you're the one that got them thinking about us again, thank you.

Comment

+1 on the solo seat....and a Carbon CB1 pattern front fender and a rear hugger. Just a hugger; not one with a chain guard .

Comment

Originally Posted by cloud09 View Post

No, actually it is mine.
                        Whoops sorry. I could've sworn Davis posted pics of his blue bike with the same rear wheel.
                        From your post it seemed like you didn't know who the owner was haha.

Comment

Working...
                        X