Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nc742

Hi. Not quite finished yet. Needs fuel and switching on

Very nice! I believe you had posted some build pics a while back, good to see it coming along nicely...
    This forum is entirely dedicated to wasting time and money modifying a slow motorcycle. - joel

Nothing like a project to keep you busy, slowly draining funds out of the wallet! - spacetiger

Our Hawks have all the power any mature, sensible rider can use on any street or highway without carrying around excessively unnecessary big-bore weight and power - squirrelman

Bike builds can be and most time are art and expression. To take something mass produced and impersonal and make something personal that you can't stop staring at as you walk away. There is nothing I find more satisfying than looking at something cool and beautiful and thinking "I made that". - 6

Comment

And a front fender.......pretty sweet.

Comment

have you fix the steering stop for your front end (900 or 929)?

Comment

Standard lock stops on an sc33 front end. Thank you for your very kind comments. Two and a half years it's taken me

Comment

If you were trying to add this as an entry in the HOTM for December, please add a snap or two as a reply to the December HOTM thread. Alternatively, you could just drop in a link to this thread as a reply, and I'll figure it out when the nominations close. Thanks!

Comment

I also have a question about the name: Did you take this thing out to 742cc, or does the 742 denote something different? If the former, what was the engine spec? Did you fit even larger large pistons, or start with an XRV?

Comment

Originally Posted by Des71 View Post
                Standard lock stops on an sc33 front end. Thank you for your very kind comments. Two and a half years it's taken me
                you mean CBR900RR triple did not need mod for steering stop? That's weird, my 96 CBR900RR triple steering stops do not work on a Hawk frame as is. Mine is from 96.

Comment

Originally Posted by riot View Post
                  I also have a question about the name: Did you take this thing out to 742cc, or does the 742 denote something different? If the former, what was the engine spec? Did you fit even larger large pistons, or start with an XRV?
                  Hi, I bought a very tired nc25 and an xrv750 motor and merged

Comment

Originally Posted by Superdukerider View Post

you mean CBR900RR triple did not need mod for steering stop? That's weird, my 96 CBR900RR triple steering stops do not work on a Hawk frame as is. Mine is from 96.
                    I bought a set of forks with yokes etc from my brother and they went straight on. I'm trusting he is accurate saying they were from an sc33

Comment

Originally Posted by riot View Post
                      If you were trying to add this as an entry in the HOTM for December, please add a snap or two as a reply to the December HOTM thread. Alternatively, you could just drop in a link to this thread as a reply, and I'll figure it out when the nominations close. Thanks!

THank you

Comment

Originally Posted by behindthetimes View Post
                        And a front fender.......pretty sweet.
                        Thank you. Yes something short and tidy

Comment

Originally Posted by flyinelvis View Post
                          Very nice! I believe you had posted some build pics a while back, good to see it coming along nicely...
                          Hi again, yes a good while ago yes. REally pleased with how it turned out

Comment

nice gear and brake levers

Comment

Working...
                            X