Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Realistic Vehicle You Always Wanted Yet Never Had?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Realistic Vehicle You Always Wanted Yet Never Had?

What's the one that you always want, always look at, top of the list vehicle that you never end up getting?

Not talking an F40, like a realistic one. In the budget, yet never ends up coming home.

A lot of mine are starting to get really expensive as time moves on.

I have always loved and wanted a 10th gen t-bird. More specifically a Super Coupe. But for some reason every time I'm looking I end up going another direction.

PIC_0104.JPG

Also always wanted an 80s Monte Carlo SS but at this point they have left my budget.
    c2a189c2f8c9038eeaa0693f1617d4d2.jpg

On the bike side, even though this stretches the budget rule, I want a fucking vmax. Love them so much.

Yamaha_V-Max_.jpg
    I guess I have a thing for muscle luxury...

What's yours?

Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

True story, no BS.
    From the first time I saw a Shelby Cobra I wanted one. A sports car with raw performance in its day.
    An acquaintance of mine had one, a 1965, 289, red with black interior, side pipes, Halibrand wheels and the 2 hoop roll bars. Nice 2 owner car that was never crashed.
    The real deal.
    The owner contacted me in 1971 or 1972 and informed me the car was for sale and wanted to know if I was interested in buying it for $6K .
    At the time I did not have or could raise the asking price. No Cobra, never a Cobra. Life goes on.
    The person that bought the car from my acquaintance kept it until approx. 10 years ago when it changed hands for $500,000 .
    Last edited by Ziggy; 05-17-2021, 07:07 PM.
    Acta non verba

'88 Blue 99% stock SOLD
    '88 Restomod
    '16 Yamaha FJ-09

Comment

I like the Monte but a Gnx / Grand National would top that on my list. Throw in a Dodge Stealth, Mitsubishi Starion and Rx7.

Comment

My family had a 1967 Firebird when I was growing up. In fact, it was the first vehicle I drove. Everytime I see one I perk up and take notice.

On the bike side, too many to list, but if I had to narrow it down...
        RC30
        VFR400
        NSR250SP
        ASMA #139

Comment

I can relate to your story Ziggy - I have always really, REALLY wanted a 67 Corvette Stingray. When I was in high school I had the opportunity to get one for $5000. Now anything halfway nice is north of $50k - and usually far north. Not nearly as big a jump as the Cobra, but still... Ferrari 308GTB/GTS has always been high on the always wanted list too.

Comment

Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
            True story, no BS.
            From the first time I saw a Shelby Cobra I wanted one. A sports car with raw performance in its day.
            An acquaintance of mine had one, a 1965, 289, red with black interior, side pipes, Halibrand wheels and the 2 hoop roll bars. Nice 2 owner car that was never crashed.
            The real deal.
            The owner contacted me in 1971 or 1972 and informed me the car was for sale and wanted to know if I was interested in buying it for $6K .
            At the time I did not have or could raise the asking price. No Cobra, never a Cobra. Life goes on.
            The person that bought the car from my acquaintance kept it until approx. 10 years ago when it changed hands for $500,000 .
            That's a hit dude!

But I get it. That 6k would have been hard for me too. Not matter how good the deal is, when you don't have it, you don't have it.

The good news is that the clones are getting real nice and reasonably affordable. Probably far more reliable and driveable as well too haha

Comment

Originally Posted by Smick6 View Post
              I like the Monte but a Gnx / Grand National would top that on my list. Throw in a Dodge Stealth, Mitsubishi Starion and Rx7.
              Same with me. But a GNX or Grand National is no where near a price range I'm ever shopping in. Montes can still pop up here and there for $3k or so. Maybe not nice ones, but I'm a good wrench.

And as far as the stealth/3000, starion, and rx7... we have very similar taste sir.

Comment

Originally Posted by Talon View Post
                My family had a 1967 Firebird when I was growing up. In fact, it was the first vehicle I drove. Everytime I see one I perk up and take notice.

for me, that's the ninth gen t-bird. Luckily I have had the chance to get a couple.. still waiting on the one I keep for good though.

Comment

When I was younger, I wanted a Corvette Stingray or a Jaguar XKE. When I got older and I think wiser, I think an Acura NSX is more my style.
                  Brian - Richland, WA
                  1991 Hawk GT
                  1997 VFR

Comment

'57 Beetle.

If you were looking for a support group you're barking up the wrong tree. This place is fulla enablers dude. - Shooter77us

The bitterness of low quality lingers long after the thrill of a low price has gone. - RacerX450

Comment

68 VW Karmann Ghia

Comment

C2 Corvette convertible with 327/4 speed.
                        1st gen Eagle Talon TSi awd
                        Model T speedster (this one, or at least something along these lines, I’m determined to build before I die)
                        Flock of Hawks | '13 Tacoma | '69 Falcon (currently getting reassembled!)
                        I've spent most of my money on women, beer, cars and motorcycles. The rest of it I just wasted.

Comment

I've always kind of wanted a pickup truck. Like a Mighty Max or a Ranger or even a standard cab F150 (before they got too yuge). But I've never really gotten around to really trying to get one, for a number of reasons.

By the way, I think the neighbor cattycorner to me is selling a Vmax ...
                          Suzondacati Build Thread

Chain rollers, swing arm chain guides, brake hangers, etc.

Various parts for sale

Comment

Originally Posted by 6 View Post
                            What's the one that you always want, always look at, top of the list vehicle that you never end up getting?

Not talking an F40, like a realistic one. In the budget, yet never ends up coming home.

A lot of mine are starting to get really expensive as time moves on.

I have always loved and wanted a 10th gen t-bird. More specifically a Super Coupe. But for some reason every time I'm looking I end up going another direction.

PIC_0104.JPG

Also always wanted an 80s Monte Carlo SS but at this point they have left my budget.
                            c2a189c2f8c9038eeaa0693f1617d4d2.jpg

On the bike side, even though this stretches the budget rule, I want a fucking vmax. Love them so much.

Yamaha_V-Max_.jpg
                            I guess I have a thing for muscle luxury...

What's yours?
                            We had an 84 Monte SS, and an 87, when I was a teenager. They really didn't make any real horsepower, but they were still fun for a teenager to drive friends and dates around in. We also had an 83 Z-28 (which became mine), a 87 IROC (red, tan leather - my Mom's) and an 89 IROC 5.7 (White with Tan leather, my Dad's). The 5.7 was pretty fun.
                            "I couldn't afford NOT to buy it!"

Comment

Originally Posted by Captain 80s View Post

We had an 84 Monte SS, and an 87, when I was a teenager. They really didn't make any real horsepower, but they were still fun for a teenager to drive friends and dates around in. We also had an 83 Z-28 (which became mine), a 87 IROC (red, tan leather - my Mom's) and an 89 IROC 5.7 (White with Tan leather, my Dad's). The 5.7 was pretty fun.
                              Rock on dude!!! A man after my own heart.

I had a gaggle of third gen f bodies in the late 90's early 2000's. awesome cars.

I have a thread on here now, I'm currently going through a 5.7 GTA WS6 that a kid that works for me just bought. (For fucking $3200!!! For a real GTA! Clean.. no rust! Good tan interior!)

Headers, 3" exhaust, 3.73 gears (we think), posi, injectors, intake, chip, all the bolt-ons. We where told it has a cam, I don't hear it though..

I'll tell ya, they are faster than I remember out the gate, they also die off earlier than I remembered. Awesome cars. Some day I'll have another.

After motorcycle racing makes my body unable to motorcycle race, a race car is coming.

I know the Monte isn't the fastest thing. But it's an SBC.. just follow the formula. Headers, heads, cam, intake, carb, MSD and have fun.. problem with this trans am now is that it's a TPI car.. so there is only so much you can do before making wholesale changes..

Comment

Working...
                              X