Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A discussion on critiquing others fabrications

Originally Posted by Tripleman View Post
    Already done it mate, nothing like making your own.
    I dub this the sperm whale tank!!!!!
    88 Blue Hawk GT - Under construction but rideable (guest approved)
    89 BlackHawk 2.0 - On the lift and being assembled
    90 Hawk GT (color as to yet be determined) - Still on the shelf in crates

Capacity is good, but aesthetics count.

Comment

Originally Posted by ricksax View Post
      Wow.let he who can do better cast the first stone.

Comment

Originally Posted by ricksax View Post
        I mean that in the most charitable way. I cannot form aluminum, and my hat is off to anyone who can. But if I'm going to plunk down $1,700, I think the tank should look as good as Watanabe's bigger CF tank.

Comment

Originally Posted by rpcraft View Post

Man. Who are you to shit on this guys beautiful work. Thats a dude who put heart, soul, skill and time into that piece of art.

Not a dude who buys every tool around, reads a bunch of shit on the internet about how to do things yet couldn't build a quality part if their life depends on it..

Your insecurities are showning through Rob. How about you leave the decisions on aesthetic fabrication choices to the fabricators and you can go back to reading about other people actually doing shit on the internet.
          Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

Comment

Originally Posted by 6 View Post

Man. Who are you to shit on this guys beautiful work. Thats a dude who put heart, soul, skill and time into that piece of art.

Not a dude who buys every tool around, reads a bunch of shit on the internet about how to do things yet couldn't build a quality part if their life depends on it..

Your insecurities are showning through Rob. How about you leave the decisions on aesthetic fabrication choices to the fabricators and you can go back to reading about other people actually doing shit on the internet.
            6 - Andy! You’re out there ... you may be a Moderator for the Forum, but your demeanor is anything but moderate. And .... FUCK IT!!! I’m personally tired of reading your SHIT!!!

Ahem! Now let me be moderate ... I personally find the language in your ego-centric posts, overflowing with obscenity, very offending and condescending. This is a motorcycle forum. We come here to enjoy ... create ... and revel in design, aesthetics and the comradeship of this great Hawk GT community. We don’t come here to read off-putting tantrums of OPINION of one guy, man. THIS ISN’T ANDYS PERSONAL EMAIL OR FACEBOOK.
            Bi-Coastal U.S.A.: Los Angeles, CA and Long Island, NY

Comment

Originally Posted by jspeed53 View Post

6 - Andy! You’re out there ... you may be a Moderator for the Forum, but your demeanor is anything but moderate. And .... FUCK IT!!! I’m personally tired of reading your SHIT!!!

Ahem! Now let me be moderate ... I personally find the language in your ego-centric posts, overflowing with obscenity, very offending and condescending. This is a motorcycle forum. We come here to enjoy ... create ... and revel in design, aesthetics and the comradeship of this great Hawk GT community. We don’t come here to read off-putting tantrums of OPINION of one guy, man. THIS ISN’T ANDYS PERSONAL EMAIL OR FACEBOOK.
              Welp, sorry you find my language inappropriate and my post ego centric and condescending. That's a different topic topic than me going off on rob, who I'm tired of seeing shit on others work man! I'm over it.

If you want to discuss how I act on the forum I'm open to that. I'm even open to doing it publicly. But probably not in this poor guys thread.

So, let's start a thread, do so and I'll move this into it, or pm me. Let's talk about it. Any other admin can also clean up my post. But I won't. .

Don't shit on other people's work yo! Especially when there is that much effort that went into it!

Comment

Separated out from the Aluminum Tank thread.
                Flock of Hawks | '13 Tacoma | '69 Falcon (currently getting reassembled!)
                I've spent most of my money on women, beer, cars and motorcycles. The rest of it I just wasted.

Comment

Originally Posted by 69Falcon View Post
                  Separated out from the Aluminum Tank thread.
                  Thank you sir.

jspeed53

Listed dude. I know this is a motorcycle forum. But if we just talk motorcycles, we will die. If we just talk hawks, we will die. If we don't have general discussions about general stuff we die.

If we troll peoples hard work when they post it, we die!

If you look at site activity from when Chuck, Bob and I took the helm forward you would see us going from a very slow and slowing dying forum to a decent one. One of the main decisions we made, we need to talk about more than just hawks, and more than just bikes. There are only so many hawks and only so much to do to them.

I post a lot, and a lot of random stuff. A lot of non related stuff, a lot of personal stuff and a LOT of opinion. It's not compulsive or me trying to make this place my own Facebook. It's a conscious effort trying to generate content that people may want to interact with. Because without interaction, we die. Some hit, some miss and some people get pissed off.

You don't like my language, ok, I can maybe work on that, but that's how I talk. You don't like my ego... Ok. You don't need to like me. Lots of people don't.

But understand that I only want the best for this place.

Comment

There is nothing wrong with a little constructive criticism, but just saying something sucks or doesn't look right without offering an alternative is not cool. I am not saying that happened here, just a general observation.

A lot of the members here have way more talent and experience in modding bikes than I can dream of obtaining. For that reason, and looking at my own shade tree modifications, I don't have a place to criticize.

And speaking of Facebook, if you want to see a shitshow of people flying off the handle and stalking you only to place snarky comments on every post you make, that's the place to be.
                    ASMA #139

Comment

Originally Posted by rpcraft View Post

Well boy,you call it what you want ,but manners make men.Guess I have had enough of this forum.

Comment

Well boy,you call it what you want ,but manners make men.Guess I have had enough of this forum.
                        Dude, he is a dick and a troll. Let it go and ignore him.

Don't just take off.. your work is beautiful man. You put some soul into it. Rob couldn't build that if his life depended on it, and THAT is why he needs to shit on your work. His insecurities. He does this shit all the time.

This is exactly why I went off on him.

Hang around some more. This place is made of 99% good dudes. And a troll.

Comment

Thanks,the tank is functional not beautiful,it does it’s job,and thanks but don’t need to listen to shitheads who can’t even wipe their own arse.

Comment

Thanks,the tank is functional not beautiful,it does it’s job,and thanks but don’t need to listen to shitheads who can’t even wipe their own arse.
                            Block him and stick around. We all have varying degrees of custom fabrications skills (and resources) and can appreciate them, from mild to wild. Just like yours. Even on projects or parts that I don't necessarily "like", I can usually find some aspect that I admire or want to use (steal).

Cheers.
                            "I couldn't afford NOT to buy it!"

Comment

The List. The Forum. Facebook.

I wasn't on the list, but sense the energy when referenced and recognized in posts on the Forum. So I do not get involved in that - it is for those on the List. I respect that.

The Forum - been a member since 2006, and it has changed a lot over the years. From reading every post and making a fair bit of comments on very different topics, I am now very selective regarding the posts I read an even more in what I reply to. Some members posts I do not read at all, some I read, but only if they are more or less Hawk related. Other members posts I read no restrictions. And I focus on stuff I know, don't really need to just discuss stuff I can't really make an impact on. Several old members are close to be put on "ignore" and I really am sorry that some members have driven others away - more on that later...

Facebook. I seriously dislike Facebook, the format and especially the shallow posts by users. You can even see a difference in quality of the posts from guys when posting on Facebook compared to when they post similar on the Forum (and thanks for that, as I see a higher quality in general on the Forum compared to Facebook).

It is an interesting statement or strategy as explained by @6 regarding topics - I kind of follow that idea and see that we need more than Hawk related stuff in order to keep the Forum going - but I reserve the right not to get involved in things that doesn't really interest me.

When looking at the timeframe for the Forum, it is clear that members are going through different stages in life and have more or less time and involvement - which I consider fair and normal and I welcome back members, when they do return.

I also see that the tone has become more harsh over the years and some members excel in being dicks to new users, vendors etc. I don't need that and just become more selective in reading and reacting, but others have decided to leave, which makes me sad - resourceful capacities are no longer here, just because of other members posts. This is a concern to me.

I hope the best for the Forum and try to keep my path straight, but I would also remind members that we can actually choose what to see and read - just ignore stuff you don't like.

Comment

Working...
                              X