• Show
Clear All

Sure reminds me of a modern Hawk interpretation

Minus the V-Twin engine of course.

Honda-CB650R-custom-Mototrofa-Portugal.jpg

Pulled from this story:

https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bik...cycles-europe/
    "I couldn't afford NOT to buy it!"

OH SNAP! I would purchase this RIGHT NOW! Looks good.

Comment

Nice version from that list. A lot of cool creations coming out of France and Spain!
      Eric Y.
      NT663/VFR800/CBR600F4i
      Yuzon Designworks

Comment

Put the single sider on the KarbOne version and hell yeah, I would buy it.
        ASMA #139

Comment

Very cool knowing the SSA fits that frame. I've read one instance where it was fitted to a CB-1 frame.
          Eric Y.
          NT663/VFR800/CBR600F4i
          Yuzon Designworks

Comment

stussels_1990%2520honda%2520cb1_cb-1.jpg stussels_1990%2520honda%2520cb1_HPIM0125.jpg

Just a quick search in Google. Pretty fuckin' cool.
            Last edited by Captain 80s; 07-09-2021, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Hard to say without seeing the swingarm but probably just the unit off a CB1000R or a recent VFR. Their siwngarms are kind of large and bulbous compared to the ones from the period of the Hawks though unfortunately. I guess they perhaps they them up for more than 50 horsepower or something?
              88 Blue Hawk GT - Under construction but rideable (guest approved)
              89 BlackHawk 2.0 - On the lift and being assembled
              90 Hawk GT (color as to yet be determined) - Still on the shelf in crates

Comment

Originally Posted by rpcraft View Post
                Hard to say without seeing the swingarm but probably just the unit off a CB1000R or a recent VFR. Their siwngarms are kind of large and bulbous compared to the ones from the period of the Hawks though unfortunately. I guess they perhaps they them up for more than 50 horsepower or something?
                "The single-sided swingarm and rear wheel are from a VFR750F" in the story right above a picture of the left side of the bike.

But it looks like a CB1000 unit with a 94 - 97 VFR wheel.

Comment

All are pretty friggin nice I would say.

Comment

c'mon capt.... boring parallel twin vs v-twin, different altogether.
                    "It's only getting worse."

MY rides: '97 VFR750, '90 Red Hawk, '88 Blue/Black Hawk, '86 RWB VFR700 (3), '86 Yamaha Radian, '90 VTR250, '89 VTR250 (2), '73 CB125, '66 Yamaha YL-1

Sold: '86 FJ1200, '92 ZX-7, '90 Radian, '73 CB750, '89 all-white Hawk, '88 blue Hawk, '86 FZ600, '86 Yam Fazer 700 , '89 VTR250, '87 VFR700F2, '86 VFR700F.

Comment

No prairie dog shit, SM. Just a visual appreciation of a pretty cool bike.

Speaking of visual observations, you might want to practice up on your header counting skills tho.

Comment

Absolutely love the CB650R. Probably going to be my next bike.
                        Suzondacati Build Thread

Chain rollers, swing arm chain guides, brake hangers, etc.

Various parts for sale

Comment

Originally Posted by frinesi2 View Post
                          They have a real following. Not sure what kind of shock setup is on it but I can't help but look at these and wonder how hard it is to fit a Hawk swingarm too. Then again I was toying with it on my old 919 too, lol.
                          88 Blue Hawk GT - Under construction but rideable (guest approved)
                          89 BlackHawk 2.0 - On the lift and being assembled
                          90 Hawk GT (color as to yet be determined) - Still on the shelf in crates

Comment

Originally Posted by frinesi2 View Post
                            I like it too. The CBR version is like the modern F bike. If I ever I buy a new bike again.
                            Eric Y.
                            NT663/VFR800/CBR600F4i
                            Yuzon Designworks

Comment

Originally Posted by Captain 80s View Post
                              No prairie dog shit, SM. Just a visual appreciation of a pretty cool bike.

Speaking of visual observations, you might want to practice up on your header counting skills tho.
                              not the first time i was accused and convicted of idiocy.
                              "It's only getting worse."

MY rides: '97 VFR750, '90 Red Hawk, '88 Blue/Black Hawk, '86 RWB VFR700 (3), '86 Yamaha Radian, '90 VTR250, '89 VTR250 (2), '73 CB125, '66 Yamaha YL-1

Sold: '86 FJ1200, '92 ZX-7, '90 Radian, '73 CB750, '89 all-white Hawk, '88 blue Hawk, '86 FZ600, '86 Yam Fazer 700 , '89 VTR250, '87 VFR700F2, '86 VFR700F.

Comment

Working...
                              X