Uni Pods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uni Pods

UP-4229 is out of stock everywhere. Conveniently, though, the Hawk uses the same ones as my Thruxton... Does anyone have a spare set of the 4" Uni Pods laying around?
    1988 "BlackHawk" project
    1989 "RallyHawk" is Chuck's now!
    1988 "The Gray" Tempest Gray Metallic stocker

I can't tell you how peaceful it is. Shinya Kimura
    People who know ride Hawks. Riot

You can check into UP-4229SA. It's slightly angled and fits a little better under the tanks on the Hawk. I prefer them now days so the fuel tank doesn't smash them but not sure if they will work on your Triumph.
    88 Blue Hawk GT - Under construction but rideable (guest approved)
    89 BlackHawk 2.0 - On the lift and being assembled
    90 Hawk GT (color as to yet be determined) - Still on the shelf in crates

Comment

Originally Posted by rpcraft View Post
      You can check into UP-4229SA. It's slightly angled and fits a little better under the tanks on the Hawk. I prefer them now days so the fuel tank doesn't smash them but not sure if they will work on your Triumph.
      That's interesting!! I'll have a look. I was pretty sure the 4" doesn't bump the Hawk tank, but I dunno. And the K&N's I have right now rub the side covers I've got on the Triumph, so the angle might be just the ticket. Thanks!!
      1988 "BlackHawk" project

Comment

The "S" in the SA units stands for "snow." Different foam for snowmobiles.
        1988 "BlackHawk" project

Comment

I used that model for years.

If you were looking for a support group you're barking up the wrong tree. This place is fulla enablers dude. - Shooter77us

The bitterness of low quality lingers long after the thrill of a low price has gone. - RacerX450

Comment

I have also used that foam for years in multiple hawks. I’m sure somewhere along the way one of them had nitrogen in the tires too if that worries you as well.

Comment

The stock units are usually smashed my the stock tank a little bit. I’m pretty sure not enough to make a difference overall but if they aren’t in stock and the angled ones are then that’s a decision maker

Comment

Originally Posted by ParcNHawk View Post
                I used that model for years.
                With no undue effects from the freer-flowing foam? Okay, cool.
                1988 "BlackHawk" project

Comment

Newbie question here. What do you put in place of the small breather under the OEM airbox?

Comment

Originally Posted by drperez View Post
                    Newbie question here. What do you put in place of the small breather under the OEM airbox?
                    https://www.hordpower.com/index.php?...products_id=27
                    Brian - Richland, WA
                    1991 Hawk GT
                    1997 VFR

Comment

Originally Posted by drperez View Post
                      Are you talking about the vent that comes off the rear valve cover or the two angled hoses that run to the filter on the underside of the airbox?

Comment

Originally Posted by rpcraft View Post

Are you talking about the vent that comes off the rear valve cover or the two angled hoses that run to the filter on the underside of the airbox?
                        Yes, that is exactly what I am asking about.

Comment

Once you take the air box off there are 2 different solutions. One is the small breather from Uni that someone linked further up and that goes on the rear valve cover vent. The other is the hose that leads to each carb from the airbox and has a filter housing on the bottom of the oem air box. For that one you can just leave the hoses pointed downwards exposed to atmosphere. They can't be plugged off or the carb slide will not work properly.

Comment

Working...
                          X