What tail is this setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What tail is this setup

I found this pic off site & can't find it here. What is this tail section off of? It's exactly what I've been after! Can someone direct me to a link or provide info about this setup? Thanks
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

I gotta admit, its a nice tail with a good subframe finish. It appears to be propped there for the photo ... no bolts or mounting plate. The bolt pattern is the opposite of what is needed so that’s why I mentioned mounting plate, otherwise cutting and welding that subframe with the right pattern and offset would look very different, I think. I’m looking forward to the answer to this question, too!
    Bi-Coastal U.S.A.: Los Angeles, CA and Long Island, NY

Comment

Looks like CBR1000RR.

If you were looking for a support group you're barking up the wrong tree. This place is fulla enablers dude. - Shooter77us

The bitterness of low quality lingers long after the thrill of a low price has gone. - RacerX450

Comment

Yes, it is a 2008 - 2012'ish CBR1000RR SC59 rear fitted to a Hawk.

Tom, hakitup, build threads have pics gone eg. https://www.hawkgtforum.com/forum/ho...ject-hack-hawk

Here is a pic from pinterest showing the completed bike (HOTY 2012):

hakitup_2012_HOTY.png
        Last edited by JanM; 10-19-2021, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by JanM View Post
          Yes, it is a 2008 - 2012'ish CBR1000RR SC59 rear fitted to a Hawk.

Tom, hakitup, build threads have pics gone eg. https://www.hawkgtforum.com/forum/ho...ject-hack-hawk

Here is a pic from pinterest showing the completed bike (HOTY 2012):

hakitup_2012_HOTY.png
          I remember that bike. Beautiful piece of work.
          Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

Comment

God I love that bike. One of the best.
            Suzondacati Build Thread

Chain rollers, swing arm chain guides, brake hangers, etc.

Various parts for sale

Comment

Originally Posted by frinesi2 View Post
              God I love that bike. One of the best.
              For sure.

The absolute apex of hawk modding was happening around the late 00s and early teens. When there where 10 active build threads on any given day.

We can get back there... Of only we had a member or two to spark some interest. Members who thought like, or maybe even where engineers... Someone who understood things like cad and 3d printing, maybe even not be scared yo tackle new things, like FI.. Someone with the ability to innovate... Maybe they even work with crazy new technology in machines already....

If only we had a member like that, maybe in Maryland or something, we could get a new all out build to follow again.

Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

Comment

Originally Posted by 6 View Post

For sure.

The absolute apex of hawk modding was happening around the late 00s and early teens. When there where 10 active build threads on any given day.

We can get back there... Of only we had a member or two to spark some interest. Members who thought like, or maybe even where engineers... Someone who understood things like cad and 3d printing, maybe even not be scared yo tackle new things, like FI.. Someone with the ability to innovate... Maybe they even work with crazy new technology in machines already....

If only we had a member like that, maybe in Maryland or something, we could get a new all out build to follow again.

oh I didn't know eyhonda moved to MD!
                Suzondacati Build Thread

Various parts for sale

Comment

but 6 worry not, I am getting closer and closer. Have a few more projects to knock out before I dust everything off and dive back in to the Hawk.
                  Suzondacati Build Thread

Various parts for sale

Comment

Originally Posted by frinesi2 View Post

oh I didn't know eyhonda moved to MD!
                    Ha! Funny, Eric! I have my limits. FI or fancy tails are not my thing. I already failed with my tail and going back to stock. Still in the middle of it actually. One day I'll finish it! And no, I'm not moving to MD. If anywhere, out west. Maybe AZ? That is a cool bike too!
                    Last edited by eyhonda; 10-20-2021, 05:40 AM.
                    Eric Y.
                    NT663/VFR800/CBR600F4i
                    Yuzon Designworks

Comment

Well that solves that. That pic locked it in for me! Thanks JanM & everyone. Where can I get a tail assy?

Comment

Originally Posted by Tedmoto51 View Post
                        Well that solves that. That pic locked it in for me! Thanks JanM & everyone. Where can I get a tail assy?
                        How well can you weld? A lot of custom work went into that. I would love to copy it, but I don't have the patience or skills needed.
                        ASMA #139

Comment

Here are some more pics
                          33692bdb28780cd2ea5dcc103461e177.jpg
                          4c8e1edba6a7cd5730b4cdefa9a5d195.jpg
                          ab6907419e6ca2857d1e99a6e1f2778e.jpg
                          af569c25f8c87790372993de175215f0.jpg
                          e74d265f5cd24e7e24e92c1af75e4462.jpg

Comment

Working...
                          X