Best Trickle charger lead location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Trickle charger lead location

I have just bought a flylead for the trickle charger to keep my baby warm during winter.

Where is the best location to have the lead do I need to put it under the seat or is there a good spot where I can leave seat in place and plug charger in.

A place that won't get full of crap if I get caught in the rain. Not that it rains much in North West England.

Edit: I would prefer not to have to wire it into the loom I don't like disturbing a 32 years old loom I might wake up the Gremlins.
    Last edited by Guest; 10-23-2021, 12:40 PM.

Battery direct with an inline fuse ... zip tied so that connection to charging lead sits under right side cowl cover just above rear brake master cylinder. This makes for easy access without removing the seat everytime you boost battery charge.
    Bi-Coastal U.S.A.: Los Angeles, CA and Long Island, NY

Comment

Probably not the best place if riding in North West England, but here is where mine is placed at the moment.
      Attached Files
      ASMA #139

Comment

I agree with JSpeed53. Mine was on the left side and hard to get to, so I swapped it to the right side by the rear brake MC and it is much easier for me to do the hook-up

Comment

On a stock subframe I usually run it all the way back to wear the grab rails are.
          Flock of Hawks | '13 Tacoma | '69 Falcon (currently getting reassembled!)
          I've spent most of my money on women, beer, cars and motorcycles. The rest of it I just wasted.

Comment

Originally Posted by 69Falcon View Post
            On a stock subframe I usually run it all the way back to wear the grab rails are.
            I've done the same. On my current Hawk it is missing the grab rails but I have it dangling slightly from that spot.
            88 Blue Hawk GT - Under construction but rideable (guest approved)
            89 BlackHawk 2.0 - On the lift and being assembled
            90 Hawk GT (color as to yet be determined) - Still on the shelf in crates

Comment

Just found out my rather ancient Optimate trickle charger doesn't do Li-ion batteries. So I need to buy a new one.

Comment

Mine is on the left. I tuck it in just behind the big shock top support. I use the left side because I have heated liner and gloves liners that I hook up to the battery tender wire when riding in cold dry weather. It exits my liner on the left side and pigtail drops below over jacket on left. Heated gear is great at 40 degrees.
                Bill,
                88 Blue Hawk (bike #39), 89 Red Hawk, 2021 Rebel 1100 (bike 41) Some Past/sold in reverse order:,FZ09,97 Magna #1&2 , 97 VFR750F, 87 VFR400R, 88 Hawk, 86 SRX 600, 77 RD400, 79 CB650, 04 VFR, 88 Blue Hawk, 89 Red Hawk, Yamaha SRX600, Harley 1200C, Yamaha RD400, Harley 883R, Yamaha 750 triple, Vlx600, Honda 450, Honda 400, CB550F, Kawasaki H1, BMW R69US, Yamaha R5C 350, Honda 160, Bridgestone 175, 1950 Harley 74 w/sidecar, 65 Harley 250 Sprint, 1948 Harley and my 1st bike-1941 Harley 74 knucklehead my dad gave in1963.

Comment

Heated gear is great at 60.
                  Heated gear is very important at 50.
                  Heated gear is absolutely necessary at 40.

If you were looking for a support group you're barking up the wrong tree. This place is fulla enablers dude. - Shooter77us

The bitterness of low quality lingers long after the thrill of a low price has gone. - RacerX450

Comment

Originally Posted by Fastmongrel View Post
                    Just found out my rather ancient Optimate trickle charger doesn't do Li-ion batteries. So I need to buy a new one.
                    Optimate do a reasonably cost effective Lithium battery charger.

Comment

After doing some research I bought a NOCO Genius 1. Seems to cover all potential charging bases and comes as standard with a fly lead which has been tucked behind the right hand plastic seat panel. It was 33.00 $44.50 delivered.

Comment

Working...
                      X