My Bridgstones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Bridgstones

So it is coming up on chilly weather (even in California) and I just thought I would pop out for a quick ride while traffic is light. I live off of a 10 mile stretch of canyon roads so it can be intimidating and rewarding in the same ride. Practically misting when I left for the next town, but the ride back was epic and warm. It may only be 10 miles out and 10 miles back but damn it provides such a huge smile.

Back to my Stones. I chose the 110f/150r Hypersport S20r Evo. Relatively cheap and very predictable cold or warm, and pretty dang sticky once heated. Even in the chill when I left I feel pretty safe. On the way back it was game on. If only I had a Penske in the rear I might consider bringing that knee out for real (currently I poke it out, but then I feel stupid for the lean angle I have achieved).

I thought it was interesting that mentally I feel more confident going around left handers, but my tires say otherwise. Granted not by much but just interesting.

One last thing. I haven't ridden a bike without fairing in 20yrs, so when I ride the Hawk aggressively all I can really see is a little gauge and all road. Makes me smile so much it hurts.

Random Saturday thoughts, peace out!

Can't load photos because of:

Upload failed due to your usergroup's upload quota. This file will require 1.35 MB but you only have 812.8 KB of 95.37 MB remaining.
    Retired AFM / WERA #555

I always attribute my comfort level for left handers to always doing "skid-outs" to the left as a kid on my bike. And then doing dirt track always to the left. That why Americans typically do better on counter clockwise tracks in road racing
    "I couldn't afford NOT to buy it!"

Comment

When I was racing, the only corners that really messed with me were 1st/2nd gear slow and tight. Man, I hated those. I lost all of my time in those and made it back in the fast sweepers. I didn't seem to care about left or right back in the day. In fact, some of my favorite memories of riding were high-speed rights and focusing on loose throttle hand and application of throttle.
      Retired AFM / WERA #555

Comment

"Upload failed due to your usergroup's upload quota. This file will require 1.35 MB but you only have 812.8 KB of 95.37 MB remaining."

If you have photoshop, or some other utility, just cook the photo down to 72 lpi and about 9 inches wide. That's all the resolution we need. Always under a megabyte.

Comment

Is this limit forever or until I delete old photos?
          Retired AFM / WERA #555

Comment

Originally Posted by rogue555 View Post
            Is this limit forever or until I delete old photos?
            I'll take a look and fix it.
            Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

Comment

Try now

Comment

I will try tonight. Thanks for looking into that. Should I only do thumbnails instead of full "large" photos?
                Retired AFM / WERA #555

Comment

I will try tonight. Thanks for looking into that. Should I only do thumbnails instead of full "large" photos?
                  I usually upload pictures as attachments (the paper clip icon on the right) then load the preview in medium. Seems to work better for me than uploading as a picture.

Comment

IMG_2812.jpg IMG_2811.jpg

Seems to work now!!! Thanks 6! I will use your method since you have been doing this for so long.
                    Retired AFM / WERA #555

Comment

IMG_2810.jpg
                      Nice afternoon to ride.
                      Retired AFM / WERA #555

Comment

I thought it was interesting that mentally I feel more confident going around left handers, but my tires say otherwise. Granted not by much but just interesting.
                        I also feel way more confident going left, but also most of my big crashes are lefts!

Comment

Originally Posted by riot View Post

I also feel way more confident going left, but also most of my big crashes are lefts!
                          Wholly shite, that was the same with me. I think the majority of my wrecks were left. I think I was overly concerned about too much throttle and a highsides. Which I guess my concern was confirmed since my retirement wreck was a left high side to the moon. so yah..fook lefts.
                          Retired AFM / WERA #555

Comment

Wholly shite, that was the same with me. I think the majority of my wrecks were left. I think I was overly concerned about too much throttle and a highsides. Which I guess my concern was confirmed since my retirement wreck was a left high side to the moon. so yah..fook lefts.
                            I have a theory about that.

Most of us, out first attempts at railing corners are on exit ramps. That's the majority of the "high speed" long corners on the street in the USA. So people are likely to get more comfortable on right handers. I used to be far more confident trying to get a knee down going right than I did left back when I was a dumb ass and did a lot of street "racing".

After a few years of actual racing I became pretty neural as far as direction and confidence started to come and go on specific corners instead of direction and I reset my idea of the "limit".
                            ​​​​​​
                            Racing gave me a lot of confidence street riding . I have a decent idea of what the bike can do for speed in any given turn. Even riding my absolute fastest street pace I'm no where near the traction limit of any even modern'ish tire, but then my fear boils down to things I can not control, like road dirt, coolant spills, road paint and other drivers.. things that will get me at speed no matter what tire or bike I'm on.

If I am pushing anywhere near the traction limit on the street then apparently I'm feeling suicidal and you should commit me. Never been in a situation where I start to struggle for grip front or rear on the road unless I'm on a big bike fucking around spinning up the tire for fun.

I'm not saying I'm above going fast on the street. I'll top out a litre bike on the highway or run felony speeds down back roads. I'm not shitting on anyone who is out having fun on a bike and living dangerously.. have at it!

I just do not ever put the bike in a spot where it's going to struggle for grip on clean pavement on the road.

Comment

Working...
                            X