Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modern Hawk

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Modern Hawk

    They need to stick a twin into this package. It would make a great looking Hawk.

    1988 "BlackHawk" project
    1989 "RallyHawk" is Chuck's now!
    1988 "The Gray" Tempest Gray Metallic stocker

    I can't tell you how peaceful it is. Shinya Kimura
    People who know ride Hawks. Riot

    #2
    Originally Posted by dagus View Post
    They need to stick a twin into this package. It would make a great looking Hawk.

    Man, everything they do now is so busy.

    The hawk is smooth, graceful, to the point. It's mechanical whole still looking organic. This new shit is like how many machined surfaces and points can we fit into a blacked out bike.

    Doug, honest question. Could you draw that with balloons?

    Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

    Comment


      #3
      5Lx.gif .

      Comment


        #4
        Originally Posted by 6 View Post

        Man, everything they do now is so busy.

        The hawk is smooth, graceful, to the point. It's mechanical whole still looking organic. This new shit is like how many machined surfaces and points can we fit into a blacked out bike.

        Doug, honest question. Could you draw that with balloons?
        I like that tail section, and the front end is neat, but... no. No, I couldn't. I agree, it's too many surfaces, lots of origami angles. Too visually complicated. Looks like the new naked Yamahas. I stopped paying attention to Honda in the early 2010's.
        1988 "BlackHawk" project
        1989 "RallyHawk" is Chuck's now!
        1988 "The Gray" Tempest Gray Metallic stocker

        I can't tell you how peaceful it is. Shinya Kimura
        People who know ride Hawks. Riot

        Comment


          #5
          Originally Posted by dagus View Post

          I like that tail section, and the front end is neat, but... no. No, I couldn't. I agree, it's too many surfaces, lots of origami angles. Too visually complicated. Looks like the new naked Yamahas. I stopped paying attention to Honda in the early 2010's.
          Maybe im just getting old. But they are loosing me with the new shit. features i don't need in bikes i don't drool over.

          That said, my kids are 16, 16, 15 and 11. They ALL prefer bikes from the early 2000's and older with the exception of vintage throwback designs, motocross bikes and full on race bikes.

          Wes is OBSESSED with 929/954's (World, you are welcome).

          So maybe its not just an age thing. Maybe its just them appealing to the casual, not the hard core.
          Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

          Comment


            #6
            Why does every bike manufacturer feel the need to make bikes that look like they came out of OCC?

            Comment


              #7
              having too short a tail makes a bike look unproportional and unbalanced fore to aft.
              "It's only getting worse."


              MY rides: '97 VFR750, '90 Red Hawk, '88 Blue/Black Hawk, '86 RWB VFR700 (3), '86 Yamaha Radian, '90 VTR250, '89 VTR250 (2), '73 CB125, '66 Yamaha YL-1

              Sold: '86 FJ1200, '92 ZX-7, '90 Radian, '73 CB750, '89 all-white Hawk, '88 blue Hawk, '86 FZ600, '86 Yam Fazer 700 , '89 VTR250, '87 VFR700F2, '86 VFR700F.

              Comment


                #8
                I like the street fighter look. I think we can all agree we like the old Hawk design... However it only ran for 3 yrs and was not a good seller on the showroom floor. The OEM's need to make sure product can sell to those who are buying.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Honda should do something that looks like a Ducati SportClassic...
                  1988 "BlackHawk" project
                  1989 "RallyHawk" is Chuck's now!
                  1988 "The Gray" Tempest Gray Metallic stocker

                  I can't tell you how peaceful it is. Shinya Kimura
                  People who know ride Hawks. Riot

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I think the issue is wanting to build one bike to please them all.


                    Make it a commuter bike but make it look sporty, make it simple, but give it lots to look at, make it functional, but don't risk loosing then kid who wants to be on an r1 in flip flops.. make it look substantial and beefy, but make it cheap..

                    They are going for too wide and audience.
                    Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Dear Honda,

                      Something like this:
                      Attached Files
                      ASMA #139

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally Posted by harpo View Post
                        I like the street fighter look. I think we can all agree we like the old Hawk design... However it only ran for 3 yrs and was not a good seller on the showroom floor. The OEM's need to make sure product can sell to those who are buying.
                        The NT650 only ran for three years because it was a great bike at the wrong time.
                        It was a few years too soon.
                        The Hawk was released when everyone and their mother wanted a bike covered in plastic.
                        And with all the cool stuff the Hawk had on it, that meant it was priced only slightly lower than a brand new CBR600.

                        A few years after Honda stopped making the Hawk all other manufacturers released their own naked bike versions and they sold well for the most part.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally Posted by harpo View Post
                          I like the street fighter look. I think we can all agree we like the old Hawk design... However it only ran for 3 yrs and was not a good seller on the showroom floor.
                          Technically 4 if you count the CA only '91s.

                          ASMA #139

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X