Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Note To All The Lurkers

Come in and say HI

I see how many people are logged on, it's easy to tell the who is real vs logged in bots. We have people that lurk for years... We don't bite.

You don't need to inject some prolific knowledge of motorcycles, you don't need to have a technical question or problem, or even a bike to post.

All we are here is our member base, without posts we are not here anymore. So come say hi. Introduce yourself, your cat, your dog, post about your m3 or 4door civic, your job in insurance, Doesn't matter..

Come enjoy the community and interact!

Love you all,
    6 / Andy
    ​​​​
    Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

Hey Andy, I've been trying to post here more now that I picked up another Hawk. I really enjoy the site and all the info it provides. I hope to contribute a little more. Most recently I made an Delrin chain wear plate, if it holds up well, I will take pictures/ dimensions and links to where to get material for others to copy if they want.

Thanks to you and others that contribute so much to this site, I know its been extremely useful to many that love their Hawks.

Mike (harpo)

Comment

Originally Posted by harpo View Post
      Hey Andy, I've been trying to post here more now that I picked up another Hawk. I really enjoy the site and all the info it provides. I hope to contribute a little more. Most recently I made an Delrin chain wear plate, if it holds up well, I will take pictures/ dimensions and links to where to get material for others to copy if they want.

Thanks to you and others that contribute so much to this site, I know its been extremely useful to many that love their Hawks.

Mike (harpo)
      Thank you Mike.

I love this place. I want to see it last. We have had a drop in active users. Believe it or not the elections cost us a large chunk of our user base. The political arguments had a lot of people just eject (thus the no politics policy). But our users are great. I'd hang out and have a beer any night with anyone on here.

But no posts, nothing to read, no reasons to come by. We have got from a page and a half to three pages of active threads daily down to half or three quarters of a page.

But all it takes is a few good users to stir activity, and then I can spend my whole day killing time here instead of having to go to instagram once I've read it all haha.

Thanks for taking part Mike!

Comment

Yep, keep the activity up. Love reading about people's stuff, and it's a bummer without fresh reading material. One thing I noticed over at VFRWorld is people posting on somebody else's thread to ask a question about their bike and problem. I'll always say, "Create a new thread, and ask your questions." It can create a whole new dialogue and likely help somebody else out besides you. Plus you can add some pictures and talk some shit.

Which reminds me, I need to do SOMETHING on my Hawk so I can post about it. Been a while. Think I'll paint some wheels and mount some fresh rubber. And there's that drop of coolant I found under the pump. And....
        "I couldn't afford NOT to buy it!"

Comment

Originally Posted by Captain 80s View Post
          Yep, keep the activity up. Love reading about people's stuff, and it's a bummer without fresh reading material. One thing I noticed over at VFRWorld is people posting on somebody else's thread to ask a question about their bike and problem. I'll always say, "Create a new thread, and ask your questions." It can create a whole new dialogue and likely help somebody else out besides you. Plus you can add some pictures and talk some shit.

Which reminds me, I need to do SOMETHING on my Hawk so I can post about it. Been a while. Think I'll paint some wheels and mount some fresh rubber. And there's that drop of coolant I found under the pump. And....
          I'd be interested in seeing your process for painting wheels. I need to put new tires on and was wondering if I should paint at same time. Love the VFR's stuff too and enjoy seeing the older ones on this site also.

Comment

Originally Posted by harpo View Post

I'd be interested in seeing your process for painting wheels. I need to put new tires on and was wondering if I should paint at same time. Love the VFR's stuff too and enjoy seeing the older ones on this site also.
            My paint process is a little unorthodox, but is proven to be durable and look great. I have painted probably more than a dozen sets of wheels. I will certainly post when I get into it.

Resize_Wheel1.jpg
            Resize_Wheel2.jpg
            Resize_Wheel3.jpg
            "I couldn't afford NOT to buy it!"

Comment

Captain 80s , please do. I'm all for unorthodox methods that have been proven to work! I would be interested in how you surface prep the wheels before you paint also.

Comment

Originally Posted by Captain 80s View Post

My paint process is a little unorthodox, but is proven to be durable and look great. I have painted probably more than a dozen sets of wheels. I will certainly post when I get into it.

Resize_Wheel1.jpg
                Resize_Wheel2.jpg
                Resize_Wheel3.jpg
                Please do!

I've painted dozens of bikes at this point. I'd even say I'm pretty damned good.

Wheels ALWAYS screw me. I just can't get them good

Comment

This

Location, location, location ... Please list yours - Honda Hawk GT Forum
                  Acta non verba

'88 Blue 99% stock SOLD
                  '88 Restomod
                  '22 Yamaha Tracer 9 GT

Comment

I it like that this site is "Hawk-centric". So we are a small community. So is the Crocker Community. And the Brough Superior Community. An even smaller bunch is the Honda GB500 community, but they at least have driven their prices up. So yes, we welcome people who may not have a Hawk GT, but who want one. I started that way.

Comment

Working...
                    X