Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fairing/Plastics Options

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Fairing/Plastics Options

    Just browsing around for options on plastics. Would like to make its pretty close to a vfr750r but would like to get peoples viewpoints. Theres ebay option for pretty cheap.Fit for 1988-1992 Honda VFR400 NC30 Motorcycle Fairing Bodywork Kit Panel Set | eBay. Then theres the airtech version, which looks of better quality and much more spensive. Any other routes out there?

    #2
    There used to be fairings made for the hawk. Had a set for a while that if I remember correctly where shaped off an r1, don't remember airtech or shark skins.

    I never had luck keeping fairings or even belly Pam's from dragging on the race bike. On a street bike that probably would have been a problem and other racers have pulled it off so maybe it's just me..

    With enough work you can make anything fit. Low quality bodywork NEVER fits right, but if you are fitting something that doesn't fit anyway it may not be much more work do deal with poor fitment issues on the bike it was made for..

    I'm sure that is absolutely no help at all....
    Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally Posted by Peteroo View Post
      Just browsing around for options on plastics. Would like to make its pretty close to a vfr750r but would like to get peoples viewpoints. Theres ebay option for pretty cheap.Fit for 1988-1992 Honda VFR400 NC30 Motorcycle Fairing Bodywork Kit Panel Set | eBay. Then theres the airtech version, which looks of better quality and much more spensive. Any other routes out there?
      Check out this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Lxm5G_aiS8

      I think he used these Ebay Chinese fairings and it may give you an idea of what they are like.

      Comment


        #4
        yea, tough choice. china ones come painted but not the best quality. tabs breaking and what not. that would piss me off to no end

        Comment


          #5
          Originally Posted by 6 View Post
          There used to be fairings made for the hawk. Had a set for a while that if I remember correctly where shaped off an r1, don't remember airtech or shark skins.
          Yep, Sharkskinz. Good kit.

          Attached Files
          ASMA #139

          Comment


            #6
            In edition to the Sharkskinz R1 lookalike kit, I have also used RS250 copies.
            Attached Files
            ASMA #139

            Comment


              #7
              I've gotten away from using a full fairing at the track (side winds are a bitch) and use a smaller, CBR1000RR bikini fairing.
              Attached Files
              ASMA #139

              Comment


                #8
                Airtech

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally Posted by Peteroo View Post
                  yea, tough choice. china ones come painted but not the best quality. tabs breaking and what not. that would piss me off to no end
                  And the holes never line up. Even to mount their two pieces together is always off.. but they look good.
                  Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally Posted by Talon View Post
                    I've gotten away from using a full fairing at the track (side winds are a bitch) and use a smaller, CBR1000RR bikini fairing.
                    I did that for a while too. Till it crashed it off enough and went back to just a number plate.

                    28278_135561036456601_135524469793591_350220_7277192_n.jpg

                    That one was at one point a Ducati upper with a windshield. This was twords the end of it's life..
                    Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      ok, so basically you can make anything fit. I really like the old school dual headlight of the vfr750r so maybe il save up money or mayyybe look at a 900rr fairing or possibly a fzr600

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally Posted by Peteroo View Post
                        ok, so basically you can make anything fit. I really like the old school dual headlight of the vfr750r so maybe il save up money or mayyybe look at a 900rr fairing or possibly a fzr600
                        I like the dual headlight look too
                        And ya, you can make pretty much anything fit with some ingenuity. Just keep in mind the hawk is a small bike, so you want to try and work with similar sized fairings or be ready to do some modification to the plastics.

                        Extreme example, Hayabusa plastics would have the hawk floating in them. But you can fit a LOT. Dude fit a full set of 748 fairings and it looks DOPE.

                        Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Has anyone experienced any clearance issues with stock gauges and a fairing? This is a street bike so gauges are helpful and i see a lot of aftermarket low profile gauges on bikes with a fairing.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            First post, please excuse if incorrect. Did the Amazon /China US$41 bikini route. Fabricated the various brackets. Spaced the guage cluster up 15mm.
                            Hope these show up:
                            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                            This gallery has 4 photos.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              There always the old Targa Hawk fairing which is a love/hate thing here on the forum.


                              IMG_4754.jpg


                              Bill,
                              88 Blue Hawk (bike #39), 89 Red Hawk, 2021 Rebel 1100 (bike 41) Some Past/sold in reverse order:,FZ09,97 Magna #1&2 , 97 VFR750F, 87 VFR400R, 88 Hawk, 86 SRX 600, 77 RD400, 79 CB650, 04 VFR, 88 Blue Hawk, 89 Red Hawk, Yamaha SRX600, Harley 1200C, Yamaha RD400, Harley 883R, Yamaha 750 triple, Vlx600, Honda 450, Honda 400, CB550F, Kawasaki H1, BMW R69US, Yamaha R5C 350, Honda 160, Bridgestone 175, 1950 Harley 74 w/sidecar, 65 Harley 250 Sprint, 1948 Harley and my 1st bike-1941 Harley 74 knucklehead my dad gave in1963.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X