NY to CT, soon....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NY to CT, soon....

I snagged a full-time position at the mental hospital where I've been working weekends as a treatment coordinator (yep, cycle-cology... or is it psychology? Motorpsychology?). WOooooOOT!!! I start Feb. 12.

In all likelihood, that means La Casa Thompson will be in Fairfield County rather soon - the job's in Westport. YAY! I'm gonna have a GARAGE!

Anybody local wanna join me for a goodbye beer? Not that I won't be all over NY for rides the minute it's warm, but still... it's an excuse to meet you guys sooner. (Apparently, Hawkler recognized me coming out of the subway in Manhattan last night, but didn't say anything! Dammit, would'a liked to have introduced m'self.)

Any body other than PodCore (who I really need to call sometime) live in CT?
    1988 "BlackHawk" project
    1989 "RallyHawk" is Chuck's now!
    1988 "The Gray" Tempest Gray Metallic stocker

I can't tell you how peaceful it is. Shinya Kimura
    People who know ride Hawks. Riot

i wouldn't call it a goodbye beer, i'd call it a let's go meet this guy who is soon to be living in greener pastures and hope to get in good enough that he'll let us come up and graze sometimes- beer.
    i love the city and for now i wouldn't move, but i do totally see why people love their suburban and rural areas. better roads, some space in between stop signs/lights, curves vs. right angles, garages, grocery stores, ....i could go on and on.

i've been laying in to marc pretty hard lately to meet up for drinks so you can always count on me to meet up. i currently dont really know many motofolks other than my orbiting the nycVinMoto circles and those folks are intense. almost intimidating the knowledge and expertise of those folks- makes me feel pretty stupid and green. mainly because they all seem to have shop space and tools, etc. and arent afraid to just dive into a bike.

yeah, man.... garages.... mmmmmmm..... ***distant stare***
    ride Red.

Comment

Ever been to Works Engineering, in Greenpoint? Or Bar Matchless right next door?

Listen guys, pick a bar and name the day.

As far as good graces/greener pastures/curves instead of intersections, this summer I'll have to host a BBQ/wrench day - maybe a few of them! Introduce you to my favorite curvy roads and all that....
      1988 "BlackHawk" project

Comment

yeah, alot of the vinMoto group kinda hovers around that area.
        ride Red.

Comment

When are you off then Doug?
          I've never been to that bar nor heard of the shop.
          Just looked at the website though and Mondays is Bike Night...

How bout this Monday??

Marc

Comment

This Monday it is!
            1988 "BlackHawk" project

Comment

Hey guys, I'll PM you with my cell#. Lemme know we're still on for Bar Matchless tomorrow after work.

What do you think of 6pm? Do you both know how to get there?
              1988 "BlackHawk" project

Comment

Working...
              X