Stock Power band?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock Power band?

What's the stock power band feel like? Yes I know I can spark plug tune and slowly figure this out but I'm lazy and want to know how other bikes are performing. Mines feeling kinda lazy until it starts getting to 5 grand and up. Is this characteristic of the stock cam/performance?

you can learn alot from the hawk dyno curves on mr. hord's website.
    "It's only getting worse."

MY rides: '97 VFR750, '90 Red Hawk, '88 Blue/Black Hawk, '86 RWB VFR700 (3), '86 Yamaha Radian, '90 VTR250, '89 VTR250 (2), '73 CB125, '66 Yamaha YL-1

Sold: '86 FJ1200, '92 ZX-7, '90 Radian, '73 CB750, '89 all-white Hawk, '88 blue Hawk, '86 FZ600, '86 Yam Fazer 700 , '89 VTR250, '87 VFR700F2, '86 VFR700F.

Comment

Thats a hard thing to describe in writing.

Feels like a 50 hp twin. Somewhere between an ex500 and an sv650.
      Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

Comment

You might have to replace it....

IMG_0158.JPG.6d460e6f4e061c797ef1fff476837e5f.jpg
        "I couldn't afford NOT to buy it!"

Comment

Stock Hawk powerband, well - it is usually there if you look carefully, but they mostly just provide a bit of forward motion...

Comment

hahaha, shoulda known id get replies like this. But! yes i forgot about the hord dyno charts, those tell the tale mostly

Comment

Should be pretty linear. Lots of grunt down low. Inspect your carb diaphragms.

If not that, then jetting.

Comment

Also make sure it's running on both cylinders. Took me riding my buddy's Transalp after he got it to let him know he's been riding on 1 and that's why it's a dog (well... even more of a dog).
                "I couldn't afford NOT to buy it!"

Comment

Originally Posted by Captain 80s View Post
                  Also make sure it's running on both cylinders. Took me riding my buddy's Transalp after he got it to let him know he's been riding on 1 and that's why it's a dog (well... even more of a dog).
                  This is a concern of mine. between drilling, plugging, rigging the front carb that had a completely coroded stuck needle and a gunked/rusty valve. diagnosing time...

Comment

Working...
                  X