Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A windscreen fairing option, a bit like the Targa

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A windscreen fairing option, a bit like the Targa

    I can't help wanting a bit less wind on me when riding, so I've kept my eyes open for windscreen options.
    I saw this one, mounted on a Kawi Z900RS (pic is from a recent webbikeworld review of a guzzi.

    Just sharing.

    2021-Moto-Guzzi-V85-TT-Centenario-Review-4.jpg

  • #2
    They are out there and pop up occasionally. Many people do not like their appearance and take them off.
    88 Blue Hawk GT - Under construction but rideable (guest approved)
    89 BlackHawk 2.0 - On the lift and being assembled
    90 Hawk GT (color as to yet be determined) - Still on the shelf in crates

    Comment


    • #3
      Personal preference is obviously going to be a big factor in this, but that cowl looks kinda big, even on a relatively large Z900. Styling aside, I don't think the proportions would appeal to me on a Hawk.
      "I couldn't afford NOT to buy it!"

      Comment


      • #4
        Buddy put this cowl on his 919 (this is not his bike). It looks really good, especially in person. He has lower Renthal bars and bar end mirrors. It is surprisingly effective for it's size.

        919_Venom2.jpg

        919_Venom.jpg

        But I think a big part of why it looks so good on the 919 is the accentuated creases on the sides go with the side creases on the tank and real cowl. He bought the cowl after I sent him these pics.
        "I couldn't afford NOT to buy it!"

        Comment


        • #5
          If you post a WTB i wouldn't be surprised is someone has one . That's a love it or hate it mod, so like Rob said, half of people take them off and put them in the garage when then end up with a bike with one.
          Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

          Comment


          • #6
            I may have something in the stash I’d be willing to part with, it’s a bikini fairing for a 7” headlight
            Flock of Hawks | '13 Tacoma | '69 Falcon (currently getting reassembled!)
            I've spent most of my money on women, beer, cars and motorcycles. The rest of it I just wasted.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally Posted by Captain 80s
              Buddy put this cowl on his 919 (this is not his bike). It looks really good, especially in person. He has lower Renthal bars and bar end mirrors. It is surprisingly effective for it's size.

              919_Venom2.jpg

              919_Venom.jpg

              But I think a big part of why it looks so good on the 919 is the accentuated creases on the sides go with the side creases on the tank and real cowl. He bought the cowl after I sent him these pics.
              the crease on the fairing matches the crease of the tank quite well on that one, so they pair up really well

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally Posted by 6
                If you post a WTB i wouldn't be surprised is someone has one . That's a love it or hate it mod, so like Rob said, half of people take them off and put them in the garage when then end up with a bike with one.
                thanks. i've been thinking about doing that, but i think i need to slow roll it a bit.
                i just spent a mumble-mumble amount of money with Mr Hord, so my CFO is putting a little more scrutiny on the discretionary spending.


                Comment


                • #9
                  I had one on my first hawk that IIRC windingroads either made or sourced. I'd buy another one if I could find one - keeps the bug splat off the instrument panel and pushes the wind a bit higher over the bars. Ah-ha! Found a pic: Hawk Babydoll.jpg

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Givi makes a few that don't absolutely destroy the design of the Hawk like the targa does.

                    If you were looking for a support group you're barking up the wrong tree. This place is fulla enablers dude. - Shooter77us

                    The bitterness of low quality lingers long after the thrill of a low price has gone. - RacerX450

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Call me crazy, I'm one of those people that actually like the way the Targa looks.
                      *shrug*

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally Posted by tian647
                        I had one on my first hawk that IIRC windingroads either made or sourced. I'd buy another one if I could find one - keeps the bug splat off the instrument panel and pushes the wind a bit higher over the bars. Ah-ha! Found a pic: Hawk Babydoll.jpg
                        You can by a PUIG( made in Spain I think)screen which is pretty much the same as you have fitted or a cheap Chinese replica of e-bay.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          It doesn’t take much to make a big difference.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally Posted by lamelylounges

                            thanks. i've been thinking about doing that, but i think i need to slow roll it a bit.
                            i just spent a mumble-mumble amount of money with Mr Hord, so my CFO is putting a little more scrutiny on the discretionary spending.

                            I've been told that it's better to ask forgiveness than permission...... (I was the one that told me that. And I was correct)

                            Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎