Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK seriously now...Someone please stop me! Next Project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nigerford
    replied
    weird. good to see its in good hands though.

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    Rather back wood huh?

Nope bolted to the triples

Leave a comment:

• nigerford
    replied
    well thats a strange set up for the headlight. never saw that before. is it bolded to the master cylinder?

Leave a comment:

• Deadlego
    replied
    sent you a pm Doc

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    Just 2. ops:

Leave a comment:

• SMF
    replied
    Originally Posted by Doc
    Originally Posted by scott
    who knows, don't wait for me. i'm indecisive about this stuff... largely b/c i kinda wanna see just how fast a stock-motored hawk w/ a 900rr shock and too soft fork springs can go before i upgrade it...
    700 motor too.
    how did i miss this? so you now have what... 2... 3? 4? 700 motors in your garage? damn man. nice.

Leave a comment:

• tlewis33
    replied
    hawk parts

i am just getting into the bits of the hawk and know next to nothing about the shock. is it a good replacement for a standard hawk shock. i'd be using it for doing standard new york city streets duty with 3 to 4 track days a year?

if so, what cha lookin for in terms of price if you do go the parting it out route.

i'd definitely like a better shock.

and thanks for putting it all out there.

t

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    PM? I see no PM.

Leave a comment:

• jaysun0ne
    replied
    you got a pm on the swingarm

i was thinking the spindle could be optional (if your feeling genarice)

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    True, Now it is just seeing what people wanna give me for these parts to see if I would break even before I start rippin stuff off it.

Anyone wanna offer me prices?

Leave a comment:

• jaysun0ne
    replied
    see doc
    the bike is almost parted out

rear end
    front end
    tank (and what ever else kip needs)
    you keep the motor

and im sure the rest will go fast

Leave a comment:

• kip
    replied
    Doc if you end up parting this out, gimme a shout. I am in need of many stock tidbits for my barn hawk. The key one being a non-rusty tank. Yours is actually a lot prettier than the one I am trying to bring back to life.

Leave a comment:

• motorcycleman
    replied
    I think I can answer that Doug- some people like the flat track style of it (but I personally don't like square headlights). Also it has a v-twin. Then again, you don't see many of them! So I'd guess that most buyers didn't see a need for them. I'm trying to get a friend to buy it from Doc- it will be his first bike and I think it will make a great first bike- easy to ride, lightweight, not too fast, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    The appeal....?

Not that I am a fan (I traded a CRF for the Ascot) but...

It is a V-Twin (pre Hawk motor), Shaft drive, umm has "Flat tracker styling", not as sporty as a Hawk, Rather comfy.

There is a small following (I thought Hawkers were a small group but NOooo)

I guess that is it. It is a good bike, I know mine will sell in the spring for a good price.

Leave a comment:

• dagus
    replied
    Hey Doc, I have a question for you - what exactly is the appeal of an Ascot? I know they have a cult following, but... what is it about them?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X