Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermae Radiators update 2020

Hi all,

I've had a bunch of enquiries regarding Thermae rads for the Hawk/Bros, I thought I should make a new thread for these 'rona times.

First some history ...

When I developed the Thermae rads I was living in Thailand. I had the radiators manufactured by a small family-owned concern willing (or crazy enough) to produce limited quantities for a pedantic foreigner, I hand-finish and test-mount each unit before shipping. So, between developing the rads, paying for the production runs upfront, driving 100 miles to collect them, finishing them, QCing them, packing them, taking them to the post office and getting royally screwed by PayPal on both international fees and international exchange rates there was very little profit to show for the time and effort involved. However I really enjoyed doing it for the community because underneath it all I love the RC31 with a passion and seeing my rads on member's bikes the world over gave me a real buzz. It still does.

For the last 6 years I've been living back in Australia. During this time I've had a few runs made and then finished and shipped them during my return visits to Thailand but that is not possible now due to international travel restrictions. It would be possible to have a run of rads made and shipped to me here to be finished and then shipped again to buyers but that is obviously going to push the price up.

US$265 not including shipping was the unit price for years. To do another run now I would need closer to $300 and I'd want a deposit of $50 upfront. I understand this will be prohibitive for many people but it is what it is.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll make some enquiries to get an idea on lead times and final cost.

Thanks for the on-going interest in Thermae,

JB

Gen1 mounted4.JPG
    Last edited by JB; 10-26-2020, 04:30 PM.
    www.thermaecooling.com

I'm interested. Apx shipping to US ?

Comment

Count me in for one.
      Flock of Hawks | '13 Tacoma | '69 Falcon (currently getting reassembled!)
      I've spent most of my money on women, beer, cars and motorcycles. The rest of it I just wasted.

Comment

Agreed. I would like one as well.

Comment

In for a penny, in for a pound. I'd take one.

Comment

Interested

Comment

What kind of Demand are you going to have to see for a Run?
              "Dreifach ist der schritt der zeit: Zoegernd kommt die zukunft hergezogen. Pfeilschnell ist das jetzt entflogen. Ewig still steht die Vergangenheit...."

Comment

JB,

you are a rock star to continue this effort if there is interest.

To those of you on the fence - do not pass this up. I run a GenII on a Hordpower built 700cc (overbore, cams, Ignitech, Stage 2 heads, etc) engine and do not run a fan. You should run a fan, but I was curious (and not disappointed). The cooling capacity compared to stock is quite superior. It's almost like an RC31 fanatic or bass-player designed them. Even the Gen 1 works a million times better than the OEM, and of course better than the Chinese knockoffs that are sometimes available.

The Rads do not look factory made and have that bit of soul the RC31 deserves...man the soul of this bike and the Karma pounded into it by the troopers that keep carrying on as JB do is phenomenal. But - they bolt right up and the attention to detail is perfect. In my opinion, they look better.

Good on you JB for keeping the faith in these difficult times.

WW/R

(Geddy Lee is at 11 today, and has been for hours...no surprise that I come here to find your post and that I thought of you much of today, JB)
                Last edited by wildwhl; 10-25-2020, 06:43 PM.
                Life is a journey, not a destination.

Comment

I'm in

Comment

Does this use the stock hoses and under tank filler system ?

Comment

Originally Posted by Ahrma32 View Post
                      Does this use the stock hoses and under tank filler system ?
                      Yes. Plug and play.
                      ASMA #139

Comment

Go ahead and put me down for 1.
                        88 Blue Hawk GT - Under construction but rideable (guest approved)
                        89 BlackHawk 2.0 - On the lift and being assembled
                        90 Hawk GT (color as to yet be determined) - Still on the shelf in crates

2002 DL1000 V-Strom - Workhorse. beat it, flog it, it keeps on going...

Comment

I’m probably in for one, maybe 2.

-P.
                          I need a bigger garage.

It's a dirty job but someone's got to do it.

Comment

I've had several of these come through my shop and they are nice. Had one on my own Stage 1 700, no fan mounted, and it did a great job keeping it cool.
                            J.D. Hord
                            Keeper of Engine Nomenclature, 9th Order

Comment

I will take one as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X