12. Spinner
    13. edubGT
    14. Davis
    15. Mickeyg
    16. Eileen W
    17. Canadad
    18. Tusk
    19. DrPMC (UK member)
    I deleted Nozzle and added Eileen W and Dr. PMC. I will try to keep the list going to make as easy as possible for JB when "the time" comes.

DrPMC - JB is currently residing in Australia but has ties in Thailand. I would think shipping to UK would not be an issue.

Question for JB: Would having a single US shipping address be beneficial? Said receiving member in the US would then ship out to the continental US Hawkers. We've done this in the past for Fabian orders out of Germany.
    Mark
    88 HawkGT (original owner)
    99 Concours
    02 VFR800

Comment

Sorry. No updates here it seems. Other than I was asked to update the list. A member has acquired a Gen 1 from another source. We still have 18 interested parties however!
      1. Ahrma32
      2. 69Falcon
      3. Reavern82
      4. Superdon
      5. Ssnead
      6. Rpcraft
      7. Goshawk (x2?)
      8. Stpierre
      9. Henway
      10. Brockster
      11. Spinner
      12. edubGT
      13. Davis
      14. Mickeyg
      15. Eileen W
      16. Canadad
      17. Tusk
      18. DrPMC (UK member)
      Mark
      99 Concours
      02 VFR800

Comment

Put me on the list too, I can finally justify the cost and I’ve wanted one for so long!

Comment

Say no more tpet ! We are all just kind of waiting around for the "go" word on ordering.
          1. Ahrma32
          2. 69Falcon
          3. Reavern82
          4. Superdon
          5. Ssnead
          6. Rpcraft
          7. Goshawk (x2?)
          8. Stpierre
          9. Henway
          10. Brockster
          11. Spinner
          12. edubGT
          13. Davis
          14. Mickeyg
          15. Eileen W
          16. Canadad
          17. Tusk
          18. DrPMC (UK member)
          19. tpet
          Mark
          99 Concours
          02 VFR800

Comment

Forgive me as I understand this a month old post, but can someone confirm the year cut off for "1st gen" vs. "2nd gen"? Also...is the stock radiator simply ineffective or is this rad more for doing track days / big bore kits? My apologies for the basic questions...just bought an '88 Hawk this morning and trying to figure out the maintenance and modification plan and have a LOT of reading to do yet on this forum. Thanks!

Comment

No year cut off. Right now it's more of an if any will be made and probably just only a single version when or if that happens. If you need a radiator ASAP I'd probably go ahead and get one of the ebay units or one of the units a forum member might sell you.
              88 Blue Hawk GT - Under construction but rideable (guest approved)
              89 BlackHawk 2.0 - On the lift and being assembled
              90 Hawk GT (color as to yet be determined) - Still on the shelf in crates

2002 DL1000 V-Strom - Workhorse. beat it, flog it, it keeps on going...

Comment

Originally Posted by tjjhdad View Post
                Forgive me as I understand this a month old post, but can someone confirm the year cut off for "1st gen" vs. "2nd gen"? Also...is the stock radiator simply ineffective or is this rad more for doing track days / big bore kits? My apologies for the basic questions...just bought an '88 Hawk this morning and trying to figure out the maintenance and modification plan and have a LOT of reading to do yet on this forum. Thanks!
                No issues with the stock cooling as a whole tjjhdad. Big bore kits and track use are the primary "need" for better cooling. I have a big bore kit with no cooling issues. But my riding is more sedate. Also, new and/or decent parts are getting harder to find for our beloved bird.
                Mark
                99 Concours
                02 VFR800

Comment

Originally Posted by Tusk View Post

No issues with the stock cooling as a whole tjjhdad. Big bore kits and track use are the primary "need" for better cooling. I have a big bore kit with no cooling issues. But my riding is more sedate. Also, new and/or decent parts are getting harder to find for our beloved bird.
                  I would agree the stock cooling system is up to the task for most riding. I picked up a Thermae because several months out of the year I ride in 100F+ degree weather. The Thermae is more than up to the task wherein the stocker often was not in those temps.
                  ASMA #139

Comment

Ooo.. VERY good point Talon! I've spent my life in the Mid-Atlantic where temps fluctuate all over. We don't see consistent high temps.
                    Mark
                    99 Concours
                    02 VFR800

Comment

Appreciate the feedback, thank you!

Comment

Tusk If there is a spot still available, I am interested in purchasing two!

Comment

I'm interested as well.

Comment

Originally Posted by tjjhdad View Post
                            90% of the reason most people want one of these is just because they are sweet.

They look awesome and it's another super high quality, rare hawk part to aquire. By this I mean only praise and respect to the producers and consumers of all these epic parts. But really, they just plain cool (pun intended)..
                            Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

Comment

I figure if I rebuild my old Motor it would help, it is more volume, yeah?

Comment

Originally Posted by RealDeal650 View Post
                                I figure if I rebuild my old Motor it would help, it is more volume, yeah?
                                It will run cooler... But if you are not having cooling issues, then solving the cooling issues isn't much of a priority for most. There are plenty of stock rad 700's out there getting shit done in the summer..

NIt saying it's a waste of money. it's a fucking ill part and if you have cooling problems it will help solve them for sure.
                                Don't spend money and buy, spend time and learn.

Comment

Working...
                                X