Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breathing new life into the old beast

Hi all,

Just yesterday I got several new replacement parts in and the bike is running almost like new.

The clutch lever broke when somebody pushed my bike over in the parking lot. It's kinda hard to ride with 1/3 of a lever 20 miles home. I think I might have pulled something.

None of the local performance shop carries the clutch lever for the Hawk, F2, or F3 (which are the same btw). So I decide to go onto ServiceHonda.com and order the part. Well, needless to say I got a little carried away and ended up ordering a lot more.

Here's what I got just from ServiceHonda:
    * Stock clutch lever
    * VFR brake lever (it works so much letter than stock b/c its adjustable)
    * New shifter bolt and dust gasket covers

Then, since I was in the shopping mood, I bought a new VFR front fender, Monster-style headlight fairing and also the headlights to a 2005 GSRX 750 [http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWN%3AIT]. Looks like I have a lot of work to do this weekend.

BTW, has anyone tried the GSXR headlight installation? I'm trying to figure out what bulbs, wiring and mounts I need to buy and fabricate. I'll try to take some pics and post'em when I'm done.

Have a great day all!
    Yellafella
    '89 Hawk GT
    - CBR900 rear shock
    - Corbin Seat
    - Unipod filters
    - Supertrapp Exhaust
    - Smoked-lens JDM Front indicators
    - LED Rear indicators

OMG I almost bought that! I want to see how it turns out!!!

Didn't know that about VFR brake levers. Nice.
    1988 "BlackHawk" project
    1989 "RallyHawk" is Chuck's now!
    1988 "The Gray" Tempest Gray Metallic stocker

I can't tell you how peaceful it is. Shinya Kimura
    People who know ride Hawks. Riot

Comment

I think that you'll need to make yourself a mini fairing outta some glass to surround the GSX-R headlight... just guessing by the looks of it.

I hate when someone touches my bike, but I just don't know what I'd do if there was damage! Anyways, you must be pretty good with clutchless shifting by now!
      It's scary how slow I am!

'88 HawkGT - crashed as all hell - Hiperform subframe, VFR rear wheel, F3 front end, Penske shock.

'05 Ducati S2R - Monstrack mirrors, CRG levers, Evoluzione clutch slave cylinder, ProItalia tail chop, Arrow damper, Nichols flywheel, Suburban Machinery bars

Comment

Hi all,

I just rigged up the headlight to my bike and ran the wiring.....Dayammm....I like that look. Wiring it was so easy because I just happen to have H4 pre-wired relays from a set of car foglights that I laying around. So now, I have a H4 bulb on top and a H7 bulb in the projector.

Needless to say, it's about 2-3 times brighter than stock. Gotta love it. I will take some pictures tonight and post them this weekend.

Don't mind the hack job, it's only temporary are I am having my cousin AutoCad some actual mounts for it. I'm also shaving off the tabs on the side. (more stuff to do during the winter!)
        Yellafella
        '89 Hawk GT
        - CBR900 rear shock
        - Corbin Seat
        - Unipod filters
        - Supertrapp Exhaust
        - LED Rear indicators

Comment

Bro, that is going to be gorgeous... how close do you live to NYC, I want to be seen riding with you!
          1988 "BlackHawk" project

Comment

The pics are up in the Photo gallery

I just uploaded the pics to the photo gallery. What do you think?

http://www.hawkgtforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=513#513

Yellafella
            '89 Hawk GT
            - CBR900 rear shock
            - Corbin Seat
            - Unipod filters
            - Supertrapp Exhaust
            - LED Rear indicators

Comment

that looks absolutely crazy!!! now you just gotta loose those mirrors for a pair of perfectly non-functional, low-profile, elbow sights. You've gotta make sure that you're elbows are still there from time to time.

'88 HawkGT - crashed as all hell - Hiperform subframe, VFR rear wheel, F3 front end, Penske shock.

'05 Ducati S2R - Monstrack mirrors, CRG levers, Evoluzione clutch slave cylinder, ProItalia tail chop, Arrow damper, Nichols flywheel, Suburban Machinery bars

Comment

If you've got nothing but elbow in your bar-end mirrors, you need to point them out at your outside lanes! I have two inch CRG mirrors and they give me a great view. Just a little duck and twist gives me my rear-view.
                1988 "BlackHawk" project

Comment

Originally Posted by douglas.thompson
                  If you've got nothing but elbow in your bar-end mirrors, you need to point them out at your outside lanes! I have two inch CRG mirrors and they give me a great view. Just a little duck and twist gives me my rear-view.
                  yeah, but these useless mirrors look better!

Comment

That would look good with Yella's new headlamp, if he could rig it up as a bar-end jobbie
                    1988 "BlackHawk" project

Comment

Working...
                    X