Where are you getting SS lines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are you getting SS lines?

Where are you guys getting the SS lines to run through the rear swingarm? I checked every shop within 2 hrs of home and struck out. Anyone know a good online shop?
    -God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they annoyed me.

I don't mean to come across as a spammer but I can hook you up. Let me know what overall length of line you want and I can supply the line with screw-on or push-on banjo fittings. PM me.
    J.D. Hord
    Keeper of Engine Nomenclature, 9th Order

Comment

Mine are made by RevTech.

I had my local shop order them.
      ARRH Don't mind me, that's just the scurvy talkin!

Comment

Originally Posted by Hordpower
        I don't mean to come across as a spammer but I can hook you up. Let me know what overall length of line you want and I can supply the line with screw-on or push-on banjo fittings. PM me.
        I'll spam for ya Jd hooked me up!
        1\2 Liter Duc Eater

Comment

i will do the same

if jd cant get it no one can
          1988 & 1991 hawkgt, 2005 rc51

Comment

I'm going to use these, but they are in the UK. They were at the London Motorcycle show.
            I asked the question about routing it thro the swing arm and they showed me a SS line that you can add the banjo and olive afterwards.

http://www.bsr-aerotek.com/
            "Life may begin at 40, but it doesn't get real interesting until about 150."

• '88 in Candy Flair Blue + '90 in Italian Red
            • Ohlins Rear Shock
            • F2 front wheel
            • VFR750 rear wheel
            • Hiperform seat&headers
            • MSMotorsport Seat Cowl
            • Steve Lenac Tokico six pot caliper

Comment

JD Hord

or Ebay.
              BIKES: Honda: RC31 Racebike/ NT650 Streetbike, DUCATI: None at the moment.
              Former MSF Rider Coach / Trackday Instructor/ Expert Roadracer #116
              "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow."

Comment

JD, is there a "typical" length line to be used. This mod has been done enough I'm surprised that no one has info that"xxx" length works the best. The only reason I ask is because of the many ways to measure it and the lack of flexability of stainlees, I would hate to be wrong. Ending up with a custom line that is too short/long would be a waste.

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA...spagenameZWD1V

Comment

Thanks guys, this has been very helpful.
                    -God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they annoyed me.

Comment

Doc, is that one long enough to go through the swing arm?

Comment

I used a kit for the front end of a harley. it had the AN3 ends on it then I just got new banjo bolts from the honda dealer. I can look up the kit number if you want.
                        90 Hawk. What can I do to make it better?
                        78 yz125. What can I do to destroy this thing?

Comment

Originally Posted by cobra525
                          Doc, is that one long enough to go through the swing arm?
                          I THINK the stock length is long enough to go through the swingarm.

I don't remember getting anything different.

Comment

Sweet, worth a try then!

Comment

Sorry guys I have been busy. (working on Ducatis, ha!) I do not believe a stock length rear line will fit thru the swinger. The line has to go down into the swingarm and then back up to the caliper, so I'm pretty sure it is a no-go. To build a custom line it's gonna be ~$50-60 with all the fittings and everything. (and need to know what rearsets you have) Don't quote me on that, but as I recall. If you are interested you have to email me or call. I can't really keep up with who wants what on these various forums. I'll try to get stuff like this in my online store but until I get a cute redheaded secretary hired, don't hold your breath.
                              J.D. Hord
                              Keeper of Engine Nomenclature, 9th Order

Comment

Working...
                              X