Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooling Fan Problem

Okay Hawk Guru's...

I adjusted my valve clearances last week and replaced all of my water hoses. And in doing so the only problem that came out of it was now my electric cooling fan will not turn on?

In taking the front Valve cover off, I had to unbolt the radiater from the frame and lean it toward the front wheel, but I did not unhook any wires from it? I went back and made sure the connections were still together firmly, but still no fan.

Any tips on how to test or track down the culprit?

Only good thing now is that the weather is turning cooler and I do not need the fan for a while, but I figure I need to fix it since i will forget about it when it heats up next year.

Thanks
    '89 NT650 Hawk GT
    '91 CR125
    '99 KX250
    '97 S-10 (AKA Bike Hauler)

ground

I dont' remember exactly but it seems like if you ground one of the wires from the fan to the frame the fan will turn on. easy way to test to see if it's the fan or the thermostatic switch that's bad...

check the www.hawkgt.com archives for the testing. I know it's there somewhere...

Jeff

Comment

Re: ground

Yup--ground the thermostatic switch wire to the frame, and your fan motor should run.

Originally Posted by SpeedyR
      I dont' remember exactly but it seems like if you ground one of the wires from the fan to the frame the fan will turn on. easy way to test to see if it's the fan or the thermostatic switch that's bad...

check the www.hawkgt.com archives for the testing. I know it's there somewhere...

Jeff

Comment

Working...
      X