Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

News Flash JD's puishin it!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    News Flash JD's puishin it!

    AWWWW SHIT

    http://www.meccanicacorse.net/galler...rd700_2?full=1

    almost 90hp
    1\2 Liter Duc Eater

    #2
    Impressive..but probably expensive as shit...

    Comment


      #3
      HOLY CRAP!!!
      BIKES: Honda: RC31 Racebike/ NT650 Streetbike, DUCATI: None at the moment.
      Former MSF Rider Coach / Trackday Instructor/ Expert Roadracer #116
      "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow."

      Comment


        #4
        WE ARE NOT WORTHY WE ARE NOT WORTHY
        -NEVER LET YOUR FEARS STAND IN THE WAY OF YOUR DREAMS-
        Most of the pics I have of my Hawk/Mods: http://gallery.me.com/stevenhowell

        "Arseing about with my bikes will end in tears." -Keno04

        "Dress for the slide, not the ride" - ParcNHawk

        Comment


          #5
          I've traded/wheeled/dealed my way into a lot of the parts that make up the engine, so it hasn't been too bad $$$-wise. The most expensive parts are the crank (billet) and heads. (mongo Ti valves) Other than that it's just "regular stuff" and a whole lot of fiddlin' with it. Actually, an enormous amount of fiddlin'.
          J.D. Hord
          Keeper of Engine Nomenclature, 9th Order

          Comment


            #6
            pfft... i could do that with my stock hawk.. its just that immediately afterward, I would be pushing it. lol

            very cool. i'll take 2... just put em on Docs mastercard

            Comment


              #7
              I wonder what happened to the 900 cc Hawk Jeff Reel built...you need to track it down and go for at least a buck and a quarter at the back wheel.w00000000000000000000000000000000000000t,inf inite devil signs et al.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally Posted by joel
                I wonder what happened to the 900 cc Hawk Jeff Reel built...you need to track it down and go for at least a buck and a quarter at the back wheel.w00000000000000000000000000000000000000t,inf inite devil signs et al.
                ooh. 900cc?? that sounds fun!

                Comment


                  #9
                  Hey Jd, are you going to work on it your whole life like the guy in "World's Fastest Indian"? then take it to Bonneville?!!! Go for it!!!
                  '88 Hawk GT
                  '89 Harley FXSTC
                  2008 Yamaha V-Star 1300 tourer

                  http://www.hawkgtforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=948

                  "...my performance ain't perfect, but its loud, and its fast..." -Widespread Panic

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally Posted by MrDude_1
                    pfft... i could do that with my stock hawk.. its just that immediately afterward, I would be pushing it. lol

                    very cool. i'll take 2... just put em on Docs mastercard

                    Hey!!!

                    Am I getting this bad of a rep? Guess I need to curb my spending.
                    BIKES: Honda: RC31 Racebike/ NT650 Streetbike, DUCATI: None at the moment.
                    Former MSF Rider Coach / Trackday Instructor/ Expert Roadracer #116
                    "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow."

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally Posted by Doc
                      Originally Posted by MrDude_1
                      pfft... i could do that with my stock hawk.. its just that immediately afterward, I would be pushing it. lol

                      very cool. i'll take 2... just put em on Docs mastercard

                      Hey!!!

                      Am I getting this bad of a rep? Guess I need to curb my spending.
                      i just figured he must have your card number by now. :P

                      anyway on this subject..... i really wish i had another crank/engine option... i would really like a larger displacement, higher output hawk motor.. but i dont want the crank going boom on me. JD has a billet crank in there, but its over 2k for just the crank, and noone will sell one anyway.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally Posted by MrDude_1



                        anyway on this subject..... i really wish i had another crank/engine option... i would really like a larger displacement, higher output hawk motor.. but i dont want the crank going boom on me. (
                        750 Africa twin engine? wiesco do a 840cc kit!!!


                        cheers
                        Robs

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally Posted by Doc
                          Originally Posted by MrDude_1
                          pfft... i could do that with my stock hawk.. its just that immediately afterward, I would be pushing it. lol

                          very cool. i'll take 2... just put em on Docs mastercard

                          Hey!!!

                          Am I getting this bad of a rep? Guess I need to curb my spending.
                          Don't feel bad Doc I think Jd is going to just start shippin stuff to me and billin me ! Did you get a CDI?
                          1\2 Liter Duc Eater

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally Posted by robs321
                            Originally Posted by MrDude_1



                            anyway on this subject..... i really wish i had another crank/engine option... i would really like a larger displacement, higher output hawk motor.. but i dont want the crank going boom on me. (
                            750 Africa twin engine? wiesco do a 840cc kit!!!


                            cheers
                            Robs
                            yea, but is that crank any stronger?
                            because if its not, its just going to break if you let the engine breathe... and leaving it choked makes it pointless.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally Posted by MrDude_1
                              yea, but is that crank any stronger?
                              because if its not, its just going to break if you let the engine breathe... and leaving it choked makes it pointless.

                              anyone know the answer?? is the africa twin crank any stronger?? is it the same flawed design?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X