Fuel Hose I.D.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Hose I.D.

What size is our fuel hoses , as far as the Inside Diameter, 1/4" or 5/16"?

or none of the above..bike not infront of me and need to order some fuel lines and fittings...anyone know of a good inline petcock as well suitable for a 700cc bike?
    Lord Squidward of FloriDUH

5/16
    1988 "BlackHawk" project
    1989 "RallyHawk" is Chuck's now!
    1988 "The Gray" Tempest Gray Metallic stocker

I can't tell you how peaceful it is. Shinya Kimura
    People who know ride Hawks. Riot

Comment

No, as I remember, the fuel hoses are strange in that they are different diameters on either end. I think at the pump they are larger.
      I think.

Comment

i remember trying to figure that out too... there were a couple connections with each size on it.

on mine, the petcock was 1/4 and since my new SV pump was 1/4 i just used 1/4 for all of it.... hopefully i wont have a fuel starvation issue at extended WOT.... i dont think i will since the SV makes more power then my hawk, and its pump is only 1/4, but i dont know for sure.

Comment

Ah here's my dilemma, I need new fuel hose at the fuel pump because what's there is old and leaky. I ride every day to get around so I can't yank the hose off to measure in case they're too dry rotted to go back on. I can't buy fuel hose until I know the i.d. also I still haven't found a local source for the tygone stuff advance auto and carquest gave me a deer in the headlights look.

Comment

Bigger is better...

If it is too big can't you just use a clamp to tighten it down?
            BIKES: Honda: RC31 Racebike/ NT650 Streetbike, DUCATI: None at the moment.
            Former MSF Rider Coach / Trackday Instructor/ Expert Roadracer #116
            "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow."

Comment

Working...
            X