http://forum.caswellplating.com/showthread.php?t=1755

GREAT POST!
    1988 "BlackHawk" project
    1989 "RallyHawk" is Chuck's now!
    1988 "The Gray" Tempest Gray Metallic stocker

I can't tell you how peaceful it is. Shinya Kimura
    People who know ride Hawks. Riot

Comment

Ya, it is very funny I am trying to trick another biker to buy the gear with me so I can do my swingarm.. and maybe frame......

Comment

i like brushed alum over polished.. but im just wierd.

in anycase, thats a good writeup.

Comment

That was a fun read!!! I may need to do that!
          '88 Hawk GT
          '89 Harley FXSTC
          2008 Yamaha V-Star 1300 tourer

http://www.hawkgtforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=948

"...my performance ain't perfect, but its loud, and its fast..." -Widespread Panic

Comment

How about this then.

http://forum.caswellplating.com/phot....php?photo=674

Comment

If you polish your frame, you will have to polish your frame all the time to make it look clean. Every time you repolish your frame you will regret your initial decision. It is only preactical for show bikes.

It is also very very dirty. I have a friend who works at Zippers Performance. They are the best Harley engine shop in the country. Before you sigh, they have a closed loop fuel injection system that starts on first compression stroke. Honda has never had anything like that. No cranking, push a button and it is running, very high tech, very opposite of a power commander (open loop and pure crap). They have a special room for polishing and the polisher wears a chem-bio suit with oxygen pumped in from outside. It is nasty nasty stuff. The guy in the picture with the stuff all over his face... well I would not do that. He also does not have raccoon eyes from goggles...

This is just my opinion, so don't take offense if you have your heart set at a polished frame. I just recommend asking someone who has a polished frame about the maintenance first.

Comment

I was just thinking about polishing the swing arm I have a second one sitting round now...ya the frame would be nice but too much work.

Comment

I polished my frame 2 years ago and to be honest if you clean your bike down on a regular basis, keeping ontop of the frame and other polished areas isn't too much chew.
                  Just be grateful you ain't polishing a Hardly movin son.
                  ARCIE31
                  If your not livin' on the edge your taking up too much room

Comment

Working...
                  X