Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiperform Subframe Tank and Seat Mounting

Hey guys,

My subframe should be here early next week and I'm sitting here thinking about how to attach the back side of the tank and my RS125 tail section to it. Can anyone who has one of those subframes snap some photos of how you've done it? Some examples would really help me out.

TIA,
    Eric

Since an oversized Hawk Connection CF tank is being used,for a better fit I affixed a chunk of aluminum to the subframe and captured a clevis pin to affix the tang. The tail is slightly cushioned against the subframe with a mouse pad and is attached with 3 bolts through holes that come in the subframe.Instead of using the regular stick on seat foam,an upholstery shop inexpensively made a much cleaner and more comfortable thin ply base seat that covers the bolts and attaches via velcro.I'll get you a pic of that in a bit.

Comment

Originally Posted by joel View Post
      Since an oversized Hawk Connection CF tank is being used,for a better fit I affixed a chunk of aluminum to the subframe and captured a clevis pin to affix the tang. The tail is slightly cushioned against the subframe with a mouse pad and is attached with 3 bolts through holes that come in the subframe.Instead of using the regular stick on seat foam,an upholstery shop inexpensively made a much cleaner and more comfortable thin ply base seat that covers the bolts and attaches via velcro.I'll get you a pic of that in a bit.

The parts of the Hawk I see are very sexy.Ohlins too.Joel,nice use of the Avatar space.It's my little billboard.

Comment

Theres also a thread here which has quite a few pictures of instalation:
        http://www.hawkgtforum.com/forum/sho...ight=hyperform
        Honda Bros 400 - 004 sorB adnoH

Comment

Drill a hole in the subframe, press in an 8mm rivnut use the stock rear rubber tank isolater and bushing from honda and an m8 metric socket head bolt. Done. I would mount the tail section oversized 1/4 turn fasterners through the seat area. Done. Should take less than an hour.

Last edited by Crash; 03-28-2010, 03:27 PM.
          Faster than your mother... She's what the pros use.

Comment

Ah, so the bar in the center of the two side pieces lands under the rear tank mount. Cool, that should be easy. Thanks guys.

Comment

Crash's way will get you where you need to go sooner but figured I might as well share.

You might find mounting the tank and tail are the easiest part of the operation,if this is a streetbike.

Another question is if you're also going to run one of Rod's underseat pipes as that also complicates where stuff can be,um,stuffed.

Comment

Crash's way will get you where you need to go sooner but figured I might as well share.

You might find mounting the tank and tail are the easiest part of the operation,if this is a streetbike.

Another question is if you're also going to run one of Rod's underseat pipes as that also complicates where stuff can be,um,stuffed.
                I agree there is some fussing about to mount all the wiring and relays for a street bike but I was answering the question how to mount the RS125 tail and the tank. Given some time and a pile of zipties everything else will work out.

Comment

I prefer to call them "spaceage copolymer variable circumference fasteners".

Comment

Originally Posted by Crash View Post
                    Drill a hole in the subframe, press in an 8mm rivnut use the stock rear rubber tank isolater and bushing from honda and an m8 metric socket head bolt. Done. I would mount the tail section oversized 1/4 turn fasterners through the seat area. Done. Should take less than an hour.

I need some more guidance here....
                    BIKES: Honda: RC31 Racebike/ CRF 110 Mini Motard, DUCATI: 748
                    Former MSF Rider Coach / Trackday Instructor/ Expert Roadracer #116
                    "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow."

Comment

Originally Posted by Doc View Post
                      I need some more guidance here....
                      And that's a surprise to whom?

Comment

Another option is Gorilla Glue.

Lots of it.

Comment

Another option is Gorilla Glue.

Lots of it.
                          Or Zipties. Lots of them.

Comment

Duct tape and Shoe Goo. Got a roll of bailing wire around???
                            Dude, you just got trashed in the twisties by a fat guy on a twenty year old bike...

Comment

@Crash do you have spare engine whit a billet Falicon crank that you want to sale????

Luis

Comment

Working...
                              X