929 front end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

929 front end

I know someone one this forum has done a 929 front end conversion. I am currently collecting parts so I can do this conversion. I was just wondering how the bike handle and if you like it. I know the legs are on the short side that is why most get the RC51 forks. I did not know that till after I got the forks. Also does anyone know if '03 or newer CBR600RR wheel will fit the forks they are a lot cheaper for some reason.

Thanks.....

between 04 and 05 honda made a few changes. not sure if the rim was effected.
    1988 & 1991 hawkgt, 2005 rc51

Comment

I put a set of 929rr forks and front wheel this past fall. Yes it is a bit lower in the front ( more aggressive riding position) but the adjustability and stopping power make up for it.
      1986 Honda NS400R
      1988 Honda Hawk GT

Keep your feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked.

Comment

I was involved with a 929/954 swap on a friend's Hawk. After much fussing, turning down fork legs, shims and custom triples(we were relocating the bars also), the GMD sweet numbers put the front end set up very close to where it would have been with the stock clamps. This was with a pretty extreme rear end lift. So without so much lift in the back, we determined the stock triples should be just fine. There are also two different offsets on the stock triples 30mm and 35mm, I believe. I do not know if that was a mid model change or a 929 vs 954 change. If you are concerned with minimizing twitchy handling, you could find a set that would give you the larger trail value.
        Hanadad

Comment

Got any pics of the setup?
          '89 NT650
          '75 KZ400D
          '75 RD350B

Comment

Sorry, no pix handy. If I ever get a chance, I'll take some and post them but its long odds and could be quite a while.
            Hanadad

Comment

Working...
            X