Throttle Push Cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throttle Push Cable

Can someone pls tell me what the throttle push cable is actually for? I rode my friend's NT with the push cable missing and the throttle action is way better than my bike with 2 well lubed cables. I'm new to the forum and did a search on this - if I missed it I apologise but I'd like to ask before I go ahead and remove my push cable also.
    www.thermaecooling.com

so when you close the throttle, the cable has a positive way of closing.

otherwise, you're relying completely on the return spring...

Comment

So when owners fit a "quick throttle" (I've read where the stock throttle from an RC51/SC45 will fit onto the Hawk and there's an HRC 1/6 kit available) do they use 1 cable or 2?
      www.thermaecooling.com

Comment

Originally Posted by JB
        So when owners fit a "quick throttle" (I've read where the stock throttle from an RC51/SC45 will fit onto the Hawk and there's an HRC 1/6 kit available) do they use 1 cable or 2?
        every OEM streetbike throttle ive seen has 2 cables.

some racebikes and dirtbikes only have one.

Comment

so, am I stupid to put a throttle with only one cable for the street? I wouldnt mind the simplicity of it and the cleaner look of the wiring/cable cluster
          "Suck, Squish, Bang, Blow"

http://www.hpwcycleservice.com

Comment

1/4 turn thottle i got from JD has two but you can use one if you want.

its a safty issue
            1988 & 1991 hawkgt, 2005 rc51

Comment

I know I'm reviving an old thread, but I have the same issue, except my bike came with only the pull cable (didn't have the choice in removing it). Should I be concerned and not ride until I find another cable. I did one 100 mile ride without a problem. It wasn't until I came home and started working on my carb problem that I notice the single cable. Please explain reasons for double cable and not just the word safety. I know I will get a more positive closing action, but it seems that the return spring is strong enough to pull it back without the drag of a second cable. Please let me know if you have any experience running this setup and any good or bad experiences. Thanks,

Mike A.
              2017 WCHR
              2017 WCHR T-Shirts
              Don't forget to Check the "How To's: Index Links"
              Rebuild and upgrade thread

Comment

It's not so much a question of whether or not the return spring is strong enough to pull the throttle back - obviously it is.

However, should the return spring break/fail for any reason, my understanding is that the second cable provides a "redundant system" in the event of such a failure - allowing you to close the throttle with a reverse twist of the grip.

All the best,
                Guth
                '88 Hawk GT - Candy Flair Blue
                '13 CB1100 - Candy Red

Comment

Only use one on the race bike.
                  BIKES: Honda: RC31 Racebike/ NT650 Streetbike, DUCATI: None at the moment.
                  Former MSF Rider Coach / Trackday Instructor/ Expert Roadracer #116
                  "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow."

Comment

Working...
                  X