SolidWorks Drawing of Bezel for RC211V Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SolidWorks Drawing of Bezel for RC211V Hawk

Ok...here is what i have roughed out so far....

Big hole is for 3 3/8" Sunpro Powerline Tach 0-10Krpm plus integrated shift light

Smaller Hole is for Sunpro Elec Water temp gauge

Square Hole is for the Sigma Cycle Computer for speed

3 small holes are for Neutral, Oil, & Power lights

this is just my firts draft...so things can change...plus this is temporary, once all the bugs are working out in the bike..i will be doing a translogic dash, so this whole setup will be for sale eventually

Lord Squidward of FloriDUH

Looks good! How are you planning on mounting it?

Comment

TJ are you an engineer?

I've been working on doing something similar with the stock Tach and the Vapor gauge but was going to do it in ProE. I always heard Solid Works was much much better.

Are you planning on plugging this into a CNC?
      1988 Hawk
      Shuriken 1000

Comment

Im not an engineer, but i did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.......

Im just a CNC Operator ...

I plan on welding it to the fairing stay bracket....and 2 support posts from behind....gonna get the whole thing anodized black

Comment

what do you mean just a CNC operator?
          Without you, all of the designs would just be pretty, useless pictures.
          BTW: I've got the stock triple and mount geometry for the gauge on CAD if anyone is interested.
          -I'm sorry....I did not know she was your sister.
          -If Buckleys cold mixture went rancid......how would anybody know????
          -Dont piss off the quiet guy with the chain saw.

Comment

ohhhh....I used to work at a Holiday Inn but CNC operators usually know more than engineers anyways

what material and thickness are you going with? Are you beveling the edges? which indicator lights are you keeping and are you using the stock ones or know a place with better ones? I'm interested...glad to see somone is putting some time into a good design.
            1988 Hawk
            Shuriken 1000

Comment

Well here is the new evolution of the part, i needed to incorporate a clamping method for the Tach...so i added that, plus, i know this is not permanent , so i am making a bracket that is welded on, and then this one can just have a small bolt slid through the holes on the bottom as you can see....

only indicators i am using are Neutral Light, Oil, and a light to tell me the bikes power is on...its a track bike...so this is all i need, i think i will also add a place for an on / off switch...instead of doing it on the triple clamp

the material will be .300" thick...but a full .700 at the tach clamp boss....6061-T6 Aluminum, and it will be anodized black....

Comment

Originally Posted by TJStoner
                Okaaay.... I officially need your help.

I'm designing a bracket-type box to hold my idiot lights and a Sigma 800 speedo... it's gonna bolt up to where my gauges used to be... any chance you could help me to have it made?!?
                I'll post the rough sketch up on a new thread.
                1988 "BlackHawk" project
                1989 "RallyHawk" is Chuck's now!
                1988 "The Gray" Tempest Gray Metallic stocker

I can't tell you how peaceful it is. Shinya Kimura
                People who know ride Hawks. Riot

Comment

Yeah..I would be happy to help you out...just make sure dimensions are very explicit, more info the better

I am no pro wit hthis SolidWorks...im just starting to learn...so i promise no miracles, but these are simple parts, no turbine design for me anytime soon

Originally Posted by douglas.thompson
                  Originally Posted by TJStoner
                  Okaaay.... I officially need your help.

I'm designing a bracket-type box to hold my idiot lights and a Sigma 800 speedo... it's gonna bolt up to where my gauges used to be... any chance you could help me to have it made?!?
                  I'll post the rough sketch up on a new thread.

Comment

What does the tach look like?

Instead of welding the clamp mechanism back (out of page), bring it 90 degrees down and run a bolt the into the thicker piece.

The mount seems weak also.

Comment

Its a really light tach weighs next to nothing....the clamping force needed to hold it in will be minimal because the hole milled for it is only .002-.003" bigger...so with a .070" gap at the clamp, its plenty...the bottom mount that attaches to the fairing stay bracket will be attached to another mount that will be clamped or welded to the fairing stay bracket...using a pin or bolt will be attached togther..a new rev. of this bezel also has a mounting tab on the back side between the 2 gauges to allow a aluminum rod to be fitted and used as a brace....believe me...this assembly will not be going anywhere...I appreciate the input....nothing is going to be welded on the back side or anything on this bezel it will all be machined...so if anyone understands 6061-T6..knows it has the tensile strength of mild steel with half the weight....and these gauges are mostly plastic...so nothing is "weak"...its all relative to neccessity and I would assume most us could appreciate keeping the weight down on things when possible is the paramount concern without sacrificing durabilty or function....

rotate what at 90 degrees..?...can you be more descriptive? thanks

Originally Posted by cafebaltimore
                      What does the tach look like?

Instead of welding the clamp mechanism back (out of page), bring it 90 degrees down and run a bolt the into the thicker piece.

The mount seems weak also.

Comment

Will your CNC accept Solidworks files or do you have to convert them to something else?

Comment

Ah...I see....good idea, but do you really think it needs to be that beefy?...I mean these gauges are pretty light....i thank you for your input...

Comment

That was just a rough sketch with randomly selected dimensions. I was just trying to show you what I meant with the clamping functionality.

I have no idea about how much material you need. I did not know you had this thing was behind a fairing before. That eliminates a lot of aerodynamic forces.

Comment

yeah...i may do that...i might try a hybrid of both of our ideas...rotating it 90 degres...plus that eliminates the neccesity of using 3/4" stock.....i can stay below 1/2" maybe....or not..i still need my tab for the support...but, that could be bolted through....with 2 screws eliminating the tendency for it to twist...i belives i will be on REV. P by the time this thing is done LOL

I am pretty sure our Hurcos take some stuff...but we use Mastercam at work so I can always bring it in there and let it do the work

Comment

Working...
                              X