Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

if the Honda Deauville is fuel injected....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if the Honda Deauville is fuel injected....

does that mean theres a set of OEM throttlebodys and fuel rails that will just bolt into the hawk?

Now that's a good question...bearing in mind that the Dullville is a totally different beast, tho (read: BORING!).
    Bang your head here for an instant IQ rating

Comment

Originally Posted by RichardC
      Now that's a good question...bearing in mind that the Dullville is a totally different beast, tho (read: BORING!).
      naa, i dont want the whole EFI system.. i was just thinking.. an aftermarket ECU, a fuel pump/regulator... and this stock throttlebody/injector/fuelrail... and you could have an EFI hawk.

i wouldnt do it to mine.. the whole point is to make it as simple and light as possible.. but i think it would be a neat project. lol.

Comment

Looks like it should work, but the throttle bodies are only 40mm. Will need to work in the ECU, O2 sensors, other sensors, etc.

-P.
        I need a bigger garage.

It's a dirty job but someone's got to do it.

Comment

You may also want to check and see if the electronic fuel injectors require a pulse generator to operate correctly. Ran into that one in the past when trying to convert a CBR 600 F2 engine into FI.
          1988 Hawk
          Shuriken 1000

Comment

so the TB's aren't a big enough bore for the Hawk?

I would love to run these with a megasquirt system someday! Just imagine.
            "Suck, Squish, Bang, Blow"

http://www.hpwcycleservice.com

Comment

I'm figuring aftermarket 50-52mm throttlebodies in the OEM 12-hole injectors. Use OEM parts and aftermarket ECU. What are the TB sizes from the VTX1800, also a 52-dg v-twin?

-P.
              I need a bigger garage.

It's a dirty job but someone's got to do it.

Comment

Working...
              X