Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aftermarket Signals..can they be running lights??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aftermarket Signals..can they be running lights??

Are there some, or is there a way to make two wire turn signals into full time running lights too? The stock signals just had to go but i did like how they were on all the time..
    1989 Hawk Gt

Get a second pair and mount right above

Comment

ehem...cmon now were not from the deep south
      1989 Hawk Gt

Comment

isn't Wisconsin the deep south of the midwest

I kid, I kid. I'm actually secretly in love with Wisconsin and jealous of everyone that lives there.

Comment

i dont think id be jealous of EVERYONE that lives here...sometimes it looks like wisco farms got the best of em. :P
          1989 Hawk Gt

Comment

For fronts you need 3-wire aftermarket signals. The marker light will actually turn off while the turn signal is blinking, to make it more obvious.
            (one wire for ground, one wire for marker, one wire for signal)

For rears you can get away with 2-wire turn signals, as they normally dont have a marker light. (can be added if you want)
            -I'm sorry....I did not know she was your sister.
            -If Buckleys cold mixture went rancid......how would anybody know????
            -Dont piss off the quiet guy with the chain saw.

Comment

i dont think id be jealous of EVERYONE that lives here...sometimes it looks like wisco farms got the best of em.
              your right, definitely not everyone in wisconsin, heh.

Comment

the other way to do it with two wire lights it to wire them to be always on (direct power), then use relay to interupt the ground wire (turning them off) which is triggered by the signal wire. a few more wires but still do-able...
                Mike/Kilter
                They smile because I'm different--I laugh because they are all the same

Comment

Working...
                X